Chapter 30 - Bronzer and Peas.

Clementine's POV: I woke up and realized it was Christmas Eve.

"Shit..."I mumbled.

"What?" I heard as Nicky entered my bunk. I was still in bed and here she was fully dressed, eyeliner and all.

"I forgot to make my Secret Santa gift..." I said.

"Ooo who'd you get?" She asked.

"It's a secret. That's the whole
point of Secret Santa." I remarked.

"Does that mean it's me?" She asked.

"No, it's not you, unfortunately." I said. I got out of bed I changed my clothes.

"Damn..." She mumbled.

I shoved her shoulder playfully after getting my pants on.

"Hey, don't blame me. You're irresistible." She said while she looked me up and down.

Sometimes I wish I could see myself the way she sees me.

"Right, well after breakfast I need to get something for Lo- I mean whoever I got." I said.

"Lorna?" She said with a smile.

"If you tell I'll murder you." I said with a smile.

"I'm not gonna. What are you gonna get her?" She asked.

"I'm probably gonna make her some makeup. Hey, you think Red will let me borrow some stuff from the kitchen?" I asked.

"Only if you pay her." She said while she leaned against the wall on her bed.

"What do I pay with?" I asked.

"Whatever she needs that you have. She'll let you know." She said. She pushed her hair back and walked out of my cube. I had work to do...

I walked into the kitchen before breakfast started.

"Hey, Red." I said.

"Can I help you?" She asked without turning her eyes away from a cutting board.

"I need some stuff for a Christmas gift. Like ingredients. Could you help me?" I asked.

"Could you help me?" She asked. I thought about my advantages and what I could provide Red. I didn't know what she needed though...

"I don't know, what do you need?" I asked.

"For you to stop using the back of my greenhouse as your own private getaway." She said. I sighed.

"I'll take you up on that if you can get me what I need." I said.

"Aww, you'll take me up on that if you like breakfast." She said.

"Okay, yeah. I'll stop. So can you help me?" I asked.

"I don't know, what do you need?" She asked.

"A spoon full of cocoa powder, some cinnamon, and some rubbing alcohol." I said.

"Well, the alcohol I can't help you with. You can find that in commissary. But you come in here and make whatever it is you need as long as you stay out of my garden." She said. I nodded.

"Thanks, Red." I said as I walked out of the kitchen. 

I walked down to commissary and saw a line of people. I guess I'm not the only one who needed Christmas supplies. Once it was my turn I got the rubbing alcohol and headed back to the dorm to put it away.

"Hey, are you not at breakfast?" Renee asked when I walked in. "Yes, Renee. I am at breakfast. " I said sarcastically.

"No I know, I mean, are you going?" She asked.