Chapter 37 - Apples and June.

Clementine's POV: 

"Please, Mr. Caputo..sir..Mr....please." I begged. 

"Do you really think that's gonna help anything?" He asked. 

"No I know, I just-hear me out?" I asked. 

He sighed and leaned back in his chair. 

"Okay. I know I haven't served anywhere close to the time I was supposed to. But I was sentenced to way longer than I needed. Any other judge would agree that I should be getting out in a few months anyways. I've been a behaved inmate. I've done my job. The worst thing I've done in this prison is throw up. I know it's going to be hard to get me out but I am prepared to do whatever you need me to do to get out in a month and a half." I pleaded. 

He sighed and looked in his drawer at a huge binder. 

I peeked and it showed every inmate and when they were getting out. I peeked over to see what he was looking at and it showed "April 15th, 2017. Nichols, Nicole." I tried to look oblivious. 

"This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Nichols is getting out around that time, does it?" He asked. I tried to look shocked. 

"Nicky is getting out then? I mean, I knew she was getting out soon, I won't lie about that. But, I did not know that she was getting out in a month and a half." I lied through my teeth.

I know that if you cry Caputo will agree to just about anything. 

I said through fake tears, "I'm really gonna miss her. I mean, I know there's a chance at me getting out but from what you've been saying I....she's the only one I have left." I explained. 

He sighed. "Fine." He said. I looked up in shock. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Fine. You'll be out on April 17th." He said. I was so happy that I started laughing. 

"Thank you so much, Mr. Caputo. You won't regret it." I said. 

"I hope not." He muttered. 

I ran out of his office and straight to breakfast. I practically fell into my seat.

 "What's got you all wound up?" Boo asked. I had a huge grin on my face.

 "Guess who get's out on April 17th?" I asked. 

Everyone smiled and started cheering. 

"I'm so fucking excited that's so close." I said. 

I gave Nicky a huge hug and looked at my plate. I was to excited to even check what was on there when I ate a bite. My eyes turned wide as plates when I realized what I ate. I ran over to the trash and spit out a apple. I sat back down at the table and felt the blood leaving my face. I knew I looked like a ghost. I felt Nicky's hand touch my back. 

"What's wrong?" She asked. 

"Umm, I just ate a apple." I said. 

Up until this moment, Renee was keeping to herself. But when I said that she gasped, "What?" She said. 

I felt my throat closing up and as I took a breath I heard the wheeze. "Go get a CO" I choked out. 

Nicky nodded and ran up to a CO. I looked and saw that he held a finger up and said "One second" while he was getting some water. 

"Clementine is having an allergic reaction!" She shouted. 

The CO dropped the cup and ran over. At this point, I could barely breathe.