Chapter 39 - Clementine's Out.

Clementine's POV:   "Clementine." I heard. 

I opened my eyes and saw a CO standing above me. I smiled even though I was filled with anxiety. 

"Got any goodbye's?" She asked. 

I nodded. 

I walked over to the other side of the bunk and saw Renee was already awake with tears going down her cheeks. 

"You're gonna do great." I reassured her. She smiled and got up. I hugged her tightly, wishing I could drag her out of the prison with me. I quickly grabbed a notepad. 

"Today, Clementine." She said. 

"I know I know I'm sorry. I just forgot something." I said.

 I scribbled down Quinn's number and sat it in Morello's bunk with a note under it that said. "So you'll never forget me - Clementine".

I sat in the van with Pennsatucky at the front, and Mrs. Rosa next to me. 

"Are you getting out, Mrs. Rosa?" I asked. 

"I wish. I have to get poison pumped into my veins." She said. I nodded. 

"Sorry, we had to leave early today Mrs. Rosa. But we gotta drop this girl off at the bus station." Penn explained. 

"You're getting out?" She asked. 

Her Italian accent suited her well. I nodded. 

"Good luck." She said. 

"Thank you." I said sincerely. 

Penn pulled up to a bus bench. 

"Congrats, Clementine." She said. I nodded. 

"Hey, Penn. Can you tell Boo I said thank you? And to ask Lorna for my number?" I said. 

"Will do." She said. 

I nodded. That's a relief. I don't want anyone to feel like I forgot about them. I stepped out of the van and a CO stepped out. 

"Is this it? You just drop me off here?" I asked. She nodded. 

"Can you help me?" I asked.

 "What?" She said sharply. 

"I-I just need some quarters for the phone." I said pointing over to the payphone next to the bus bench. She sighed and handed me some change. 

"Thank you." I said. 

She nodded and got back into the van. 

It drove off and I stood there alone. 

I smiled and started crying. I was so happy. I'm out of prison. I wiped my happy-tears and walked over to the phone to call Quinn. 

I looked at a map that stood straight up a few feet away. I looked at a red star that said, "You are here.". I was on the corner of 5th. 

"Hey, Quinn. Umm, I'm out. They just dropped me off at a bus station-" She cut me off, 

"On 5th? That's where they took Nicky too. I'll be there in ten minutes. Hang tight. And, Sarah? I love you." She said. 

"I love you too." I said. 

I hung up the phone and waited, and waited. Each minute that went by I was more anxious. I couldn't wait to see my sister. I wonder if she'd bring Nicky. I saw a blue Nissan Altima pull up and there was my sister.