Chapter 1

"oh my gosh this is the happiest day of my life, i'm marrying my best friend! my true love! my soulmate" i yell excitedly walking around in circles. my mother laughs putting her hand on my shoulder.  

"okay honey calm down you're getting me dizzy" she laughs. i chuckle and sat down next to her. "sorry mama i'm just so excited! today is the day all my dreams will come true" i say while hugging her. 

she laughs. "yes honey i know but you have to stay still so i can do your hair! you don't want to go out to your future husband with messy hair do you?"

i smile. she braids my hair putting my veil over it. "were you this excited when you got married to pa?" she sighs smiling at the memory.  

"that was the best day of my life" she turns my chair around so i was looking at her. "Hanna i want you to know that me and your father want you to be happy, we love you no matter what you choose to do or be" 

i smile tears begging to come down but i pushed them away and hug her. "thank you mama i love you so much" she chuckled softly. 

"now come on i'm not getting any younger i only get to see my baby girl walk down that aisle once...unless you get a divorce and have another wedding" she said mumbling the last part.

i laugh "come on old lady let's get me married" i say and grab her hand walking outside to the church. "there you are! let's go it's about to start" papi says.

 i nod picking up my dress so i can walk. "you look beautiful Hanna" he added kissing my forehead. i smile "thanks pa" he grabs my hand and opened the door. "i'm finally gonna marry Chad Lance" i said to myself.

****

5 years later

"honestly i did not think you and Chad would make it this far" my best friend Crystal says to me as she entered my home. 

i roll my eyes "shut up" we walk to the kitchen. she sucked her teeth. "i'm serious. he got so many issues i'm surprised he was even able to go through with the wedding" she says.

i laugh at her and pour the both of us some orange juice. she sits on the stool near the counter table. "so if y'all been together this long why aren't you pregnant? i thought you was waiting for marriage to start having kids" i sigh sitting on the stool next to her. 

"well we both agreed to not rush. we're still new in the married life we wanted to hold off for now" i said with looking down at my feet. she glares at me "tell me the truth"

"he doesn't want to have a baby" she shakes her head "and why the hell not? don't you want a little Hanna running around or a little Chad telling you he wants milk?"

i point at my chest telling her "i want a child but he doesn't! every time we have sex he's always making sure he wears a condom and ties it at the top so it doesn't slip off or if not that then he wears 2 condoms and makes sure i'm on the pill "  she laughs "are you serious? what is wrong with him?"

i sigh nodding. "yeah i talked to my mom about it, she's rushing me to make her a grandma and i keep stalling by just saying he's not ready" she shakes her head before sipping her orange juice she says "that is just sad Hun, you married a prick" 

 i slap her arm "shut up i did not, he's just not there yet" she rolled her eyes. "5 years you been married and i don't know how long you were dating and he's still not ready? that's bullshit" 

Just as i'm about to answer her the door unlocks. "Chads here play nice" i whisper to her. "i make no promises" she whispers back. 

Chad and Crystal never got along, they always fought for any little thing. Crystal always felt like he wasn't good for me. "hey babe" he says walking towards the kitchen. "hi honey" i say back walking towards him and giving him a peck on the lips.