Chapter 7: The other side of you

After what happened yesterday I've been feeling so bad and guilty. I really wanted to kiss him but not like this. He was drunk and he didn't know that he was doing. After that I took him to his house and luckily his parents were asleep. 

I took him to his room and was kinda hard climbing the stairs because I'm not that strong and he didn't help much. I took his clothes off and put him on his bed. After that I covered him with a blanket, kissed his forehead and left.

I don't know if he remembers what happened but I'm about to find out as I entered the school halls. I didn't see him anywhere so I went to my first period. Everything was normal and then I sat with my friends at lunch.

''Cam.. spit it out. The guilt in your eyes is eating you alive.'' - Aurora said softly and they both looked at me with a sad expression. I sighed and they grabbed my hands to reassure me it's okay.

''Yesterday Shawn was drunk at school. He was flirting and touching me and I don't know how or why but I excused us to leave school and we went to a park. I wanted to make sure he was alright. We sat on a bench and..'' - I started choking and tears rolled down my face. ''It's okay, Cammy. Go on.'' - Karen spoke and I nodded.

''I was asking him what happened but he didn't say anything. When I told him that he can tell me anything and that I won't judge he grabbed my face and pressed his lips to mine.'' - I finished and they looked shocked.

''Oh, Cam. We know he was drunk but what if he really wanted to do it?.'' - Karen said and I thought about it which made me feel better. What if he really has feelings for me but is afraid to show them. ''Anyway, you shouldn't feel guilty. Cam, you basically saved him from detention or worse.'' - Aurora said and they both hugged me.

I cried in their arms and thought how lucky I am to have them. ''Thank you guys! You're the best friends I can dream of.'' - I said and they hugged me even tighter. After we were done eating lunch I spotted Shawn and he looked sad? I wonder what happened.

I went in class and sat next to him eventhough we don't sit together in Biology. ''Hey.'' - I said quietly. ''What do you want?'' - he asked rudely but I didn't mind. ''Do you remember anything from yesterday?'' - I asked him and he looked at me weirdly. ''No, should I?'' - he asked and I didn't know if I should tell him. Maybe now isn't the right time and place to do it. ''Wanna talk about it after school?" - I asked and he nodded. After that we didn't talk much. I was paying attention to the teacher and taking notes while he was playing on his phone.

The rest of the classes ended and I was now at my locker which is close to Shawn's. I saw him coming and he motioned me to come with him. We went into his car and he drove to his house. After we got inside and sat on the couch he simply said ''Speak.'' Honestly I had no idea how to begin and he was watching me without breaking eye contact.

''Do you remember how you got drunk?'' - I asked him and he shook his head. ''You were drunk at school and you were flirting with me.'' - I said and he started laughing. ''Me? Flirt with you?'' - he asked in disbelief. ''Yes. After that I lied that you were sick and I was gonna take care of you so you don't get in trouble for being drunk at school.'' - I said and he looked shocked. ''Why do you care so much?'' - he asked and I just shook my head. Of course I knew. I liked him but I didn't feel comfortable telling him yet.

''I took you to a park and we sat on a bench. When I asked you why you got drunk you got sad and I tried to reassure you by saying that you can talk to me and I won't judge you and then you did something I didn't expect.'' - I said and he was watching me the whole time. ''What did I do?'' - he asked. ''You pressed your lips to mine. You kissed me, Shawn.'' - I said and he looked really, really shocked.

''I'm sorry, what?'' - he said and got really mad. I got scared because he looked really angry. ''Y-you kissed me.'' - I stuttered and he punched the wall. ''After that I helped you get home and then left.'' - I said and his face softened a bit. ''I don't know what to say.'' - he said and I nodded. ''You don't have to say anything. I just want you to know that I'm here and you can talk to me for what ever you want. I will listen.'' - I said and I couldn't read the look in his eyes this time. ''That's kind of you. Do you want me to drop you off?'' - he asked for the first time and I nodded happily.

Soon we were in his car and he left me at the same park as usual. I started walking towards my small home and thinking about this new side of him I just saw. I knew he was kind and good and was just hiding behind a mask. I just need to make him take it off...

--------------------------------------------------