Chapter 8: Art mess

Today's been a good day so far. Me and Shawn got assigned for another science project which we will do on the weekend because today I'm helping Karen and Aurora with their art project as I promised. They really count on me and I don't wanna let them down because they are really awesome and are there for me when ever I need them. They've been with me not only through the good times but through the bad as well and I don't know what I would do without them. I'm really lucky to have them.

As I finished my last period which was Biology I headed to my locker to put my books, get new ones and also get my art supplies. Just seeing all the paints and brushes there that I haven't used ages makes me feel happy on the inside. I used to paint a lot before and I don't even know why I stopped. I woke up one day and the desire and need to paint was gone. It was during the lowest point of my life and ever since then I haven't touched a single brush. It's really sad to be honest. 

After I left school I started walking towards Aurora's place. It wasn't that long and I loved walking more than using a car or a bus. It was a bit cold but I'm used to it after so many years of walking in the winter from home to school and then back home. Aurora and Karen often offered that their parents pick me too with them but I didn't want to bother them so I always declined.

After about five minutes of walking I was in front of her house and I could already hear the loud music blasting. I smiled at the thought of them dancing and singing like we always do when we get together. I walked to the front door and didn't bother knocking because we're really close. I greeted Aurora's parents and made my way upstairs. I entered the room and as I was expecting they were dancing like crazy and singing the lyrics to ''Shake it off'' by Taylor Swift.

As soon as they noticed me they dragged me to the middle of the room and I joined them and started dancing and singing. It felt amazing to just not give a care about the world for a minute. Feels good to just get lost in the moment with the people close to you.

After the song finished I sat on the bed and sighed because I got tired. I layed on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a moment before they grabbed my hands and brought me back to the''dancing floor''.

Half an hour passed and we were both sitting on the ground panting and trying to catch our breathes. It was fun though.

''You guys are crazy.'' - I said and laughed. ''Oh, really? Then that makes three of us with you.'' - Aurora said laughing along with me. After we rested a bit she went downstairs to bring some snacks and drinks while me and Karen started preparing for the project.

We got paints, we got a canvas and we got brushes and we were ready to get our hands dirty. ''There you go.'' - Aurora said as she placed all the snacks and drinks on the mini table near her bed.

''What do you guys have to paint?'' - I asked and they shrugged. ''What ever we want.'' - Aurora said and I nodded. ''How about we all paint something and it turns into one painting?'' - I asked and they nodded.

I started painting the sky while Aurora was painting a river and Karen some trees. We painted a mountain as well and some deers and in the process we started a paint war by painting ourselves which was so fun. Soon the painting was finished and it turned out really amazing and they both loved it. We hugged tightly and started eating the snacks after changing and washing our hands and faces because of the paint. Someone thought it was a good idea to press the brush against my face and that's how it all started.

After we finished eating I hugged them and thanked them for today before leaving. I started walking towards my little home which I love from the bottom of my heart..

-------------------------------------------------------