Chapter 15: A few years later

At first I took it bad. The way Shawn acted when I confessed my feelings for him. I stayed at home for at least a week not leaving my room. I was heartbroken. I didn't know how to recover from it.

One day I just woke up and decided that laying in bed and crying won't help. I started thinking about my future. I studied a lot and passed all my exams with straight A's. My parents were so proud of me but still I wasn't happy. Yeah, that success felt nice but just for a little while. There was just that emptiness inside me that was killing me.

I haven't talked to Shawn since that day and in school he didn't talk to me too. We graduated a week ago and I was the best student at the school. Sometimes I wonder what Shawn is doing now. What are his plans for the future but then I get really sad so I just keep myself busy.

After graduation I spent the whole summer working as a waiter so I can save up some money for college since my parents couldn't really support me financially. I thought about it a lot but I can get in any college I want with my grades. After a while I decided to study psychology and try to help others.

It was hard leaving home and going to another town but I had to. It got even harder after that since I didn't have much money and I was on my own. I got myself a job again in a shop. I starved a lot so I can buy the books I needed and pay for the college but it payed off in the end.

After years of studying I finished college and I was a qualified therapist. I started working and soon I was meeting a lot of kids every day. I loved that when they came to my office they were just happier because they could talk to someone who understands them.

Soon I was able to take care of myself. I bought a house. It wasn't that big but it was enough for just me and my cat. Her name is Hope and I got her after I bought the house because I was feeling kinda lonely and I love animals.

I send money to my parents every month and it feels amazing. I wanted to be able to help them since I was little because they really did their best to make me feel loved. I missed my home town but I just couldn't go back. Too many painful memories there and my future is here now.

After a while I decided to visit them. Last time I did was for Christmas and that was months ago. I grabbed a suitcase and started filling it with clothes and other stuff I need. This time I'll be staying for a couple days. I grabbed Hope's cage and my suitcase and left my house. There's no way in hell I'm leaving her alone here.

It was very crowded in the airport as usual but I made my way to the plane and I was finally going home after so long..

------------------------------------------------