Chapter 9: Burst out

After having such great time yesterday at Aurora's place it's Saturday today and I'm going to Shawn to work on our science project. I blasted ''Don't'' by Ed Sheeran and started getting ready. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and started styling my hair. I really hate how stubborn my hair is in the morning and it takes so long to make it listen to me. I'm thinking about dyeing it a bit but we'll see. I dressed in my blue skinny jeans with a black T-shirt and a jacket and made my way downstairs.

I kissed my mom on the forehead and hugged dad before leaving. I started walking towards the park and it's now Spring so it gets warmer. It's still chilly but it's not as cold as last week when the temperatures had dropped a lot. After a while I was there and it looks like I was late because he was already there waiting for me.

I got in the car and greeted him but he was too busy on his phone to notice. ''You're late.'' - he said annoyed and I gulped. ''I'm sorry.'' - I said and looked down ashamed. The ride was silent and soon we were at his place. We went to the couch in the living room and I started bringing my books out.

He came  with some snacks and sat on the couch with his legs crossed  on the table while watching TV. I sighed and started working on the project because he obviously wouldn't help. And just when I thought I got to his good side. This time I didn't even bother trying to strike a conversation. I just sat there quietly and worked on the project because this time he really killed my mood.

After about an hour his parents came home and smiled at me. His mom came and hugged me and asked me if I was hungry but I told her that I'm not which was a lie. She is stubborn though and made me eat with them. It was a bit awkward because no one was talking and when ever his mom or dad tried to start a conversation Shawn just replied with one word and the conversation ended quickly.

After we finished I thanked them for the meal and went to gather my books. Shawn came too and after I put everything in my bag and turned around I bumped and fall on him which really made him angry. I was laying on him until he pushed me to the side and scoffed. For a moment I felt like I couldn't breathe until he spoke.

''Get out.'' - he said and I just stared at him with tears in my eyes. ''I SAID GET OUT.'' - he screamed and his parents came. I grabbed my bag and ran through the front door to the park. I ran and ran until I broke down and started crying. No one has ever been so mean to me and just the fact that I actually have feelings for him makes the situation a hundred times worse. I don't know what I did wrong.

Maybe it's just me and my imagination that some day he will like me and we will be together. Maybe I'm a fool for believing that there is true love and maybe I'm too blind to see how much I'm hurting myself by loving him but I don't care. I don't think I'll give up after just one little thing.

I'm stronger than that. I wiped my tears with my hands and sat on a bench just staring at the night sky full of stars. I sat there for a while just thinking before leaving and making my way home.

Maybe one day my whole world is going to change...

---------------------------------------------