Chapter 12: Another try

I woke up in the middle of the night screaming. I had a dream where me and Shawn were together but then I lost him and felt like my heart broke into pieces. While still trying to catch my breath I went downstairs to get a glass of water. After that I went back to my room and sat on my bed. I started drinking the water as I thought about the whole situation with Shawn.

Should I give up? Or should I try once again? Those were questions I didn't know how to answer but I knew that I had to do something. That's why I checked the time and saw it was only 4AM. Since I couldn't sleep I got a notebook and a pen and started writing the pros and cons of giving up on him and trying again. It's the best way to make a decision.

After about an hour of writing and thinking about what I wrote I decided that I'm not going to give up so easily on him. I've been raised to never give up and see the good in everyone and I know that there is some good hiding deep inside of Shawn. I just have to keep digging until I find it.

I had to do something so I started packing my books and stuff I need for our project. I said goodbye to my parents and left the house. After about thirty minutes I was in front of Shawn's house and I was really nervous but still knocked on the door. His mom opened and she was really surprised to see me.

''Hi, darling.'' - she said in a cheerful tone. ''Hello, Mrs. Mendes.'' - I said and she let me inside. ''What brings you here?'' - she asked as we sat in the living room. ''Umm, me and Shawn are working on a project.'' - I said and she nodded. ''Do you want anything to drink?'' - she asked nicely which made me smile. ''A glass of water would be great.'' - I said and she went to get it for me. ''Shawn's being acting very strangely the past couple of days.'' - she said as she handed me the glass of water. ''How come?'' - I asked and she sighed. ''I don't know. He's been spending a lot of time in his room and only go out for school.'' - she said and I really got worried.

''Anyway, I have to leave for work. You can go to his room and wake him up.'' - she said and smiled. ''Okay.'' - I answered and she left the house. I didn't know if I should invade his personal space but I still made my way upstairs and knocked softly on his door. After he didn't answer I opened the door and saw him sleeping shirtless. I instantly blushed because he looked so handsome.

''Shawn, shawn, wake up.'' - I said softly and he slowly opened his eyes and saw me standing by the door. ''What are you doing here?'' - he asked in his morning raspy voice. ''We've got a project to do, remember?'' - I asked and he sighed standing up. He was only wearing briefs which gave me a clear look at his morning wood which didn't really make him feel uncomfortable.

He started getting ready while I just stared at him. ''So.. what happened the past couple of days? You've been really cold and now you're here acting like nothing happened.'' - he said and it took me a while to come up with something. ''Nothing. I've been acting the way you act towards me.'' - I said and he looked into my eyes. ''I like it.'' - he smirked and put a shirt on.

After he was done we sat on his bed and started working on the project. What surprised me was that he actually tried to help and do something. ''How come you are helping me with the project? You're always leaving the work to me while you do what ever you want to do and take credit for nothing.'' - I asked and he scoffed. ''Is that what I get for trying to help?'' - he asked and left his room. Maybe it was a bad idea to  ask him. Fuck, I messed up again. Just when he was being not so rude I had to screw up everything.

I finished the project and collected my books. I went downstairs to see him eating and watching TV. I said goodbye and that I finished but he didn't even notice me so I left. I started walking towards my house with a sad expression on my face. On the way I saw two boys holding hands and kissing and I got even more sad because I knew that this will never be me.

---------------------------------------------------------