Chapter 13: Hospital adventures

Today at school we got another A+ for the project and he didn't even say thank you. I sighed and left the classroom while making my way towards my locker to get my books for the next period. On the way there I ran into my old bullies which made me feel scared again.

''Hey, fag.'' - One of them said. ''Leave me alone.'' - I said not looking at them. ''Or what?'' - the other one asked me. I tried to avoid them and walk to my locker but they grabbed me by the wrists. ''Not so fast you fag.'' - they said and slammed me against the wall. ''What do you want?'' - I asked and they laughed at me. ''We want you to end your worthless life.'' - one of them said. ''Yeah. No one will miss you anyway.'' - the other one laughed.

I started crying and dropped on the floor as they started kicking me in the ribs. After they were done they just left me lay there helpless. I heard a voice after a while. It was Shawn and he sounded really worried.

''Cameron, what happened?'' - he asked and I was too hurt to even speak. I felt like my body was being carried somewhere but I didn't know where. Then I passed out. When I opened my eyes I was laying in a bed and Shawn was standing next to it.

''Where am I?'' - I asked. ''In the hospital.'' - he said and I started panicking. ''I have to leave.'' - I said but he stopped me. ''No, your wounds need to heal first. You were in a terrible condition.'' - he said with worry in his voice. ''You don't understand.. my family can't afford the hospital bills and the medications.'' - I started crying. ''Don't worry. My parents are outside in the hallway and they paid for everything.

''Why did you bring me here and paid for everything?'' - I asked him and he looked at me. ''Because I wanted to.'' - he said but I wasn't satisfied with his answer. ''That's not the answer I wanted.'' - I said and he sighed. ''I don't know. Maybe because since I came in that school you were the only person who actually cared about me and wanted to help me.'' - he said and looked down.

''Thank you.'' - I said before falling asleep.

On the other morning...

I woke up and looked around remembering that I was in a hospital. Shawn was sleeping in the chair next to my bed which made me smile. He cares about me. Otherwise he wouldnt have brought me here, pay for everything and stay all night with me.

''Morning.'' - he said and I smiled. ''Morning, Shawn.'' - I said. Just then the door opened and my parents came in really worried. ''Oh, my baby. Are you okay?'' - my mom said hugging me tightly. ''Yes, mom, I'm fine.'' - I answered and she smiled. ''What happened, son?'' - my dad asked and I was terrified by that question. ''I was attacked by my old bullies.'' - I said and he got really angry. My mom started calming him down and then they noticed Shawn in the room. ''You must be Shawn. Thank you for helping my son. I talked with your parents and we really don't know how to pay you back for everything you've done for our Cameron.'' my mom said and he stood up and hugged her. ''You don't have to pay us for anything. I'm just glad I found him on time.'' - he said and I was surprised. This isn't the Shawn I know.

''Thank you, Shawn.'' - my parents said and left to get me something to eat. ''Your parents are really nice.'' - Shawn told me and I smiled. ''Yes, they are the best.'' - I said and looked outside the window.

This whole week I've been staying here in the hospital and Shawn was by my side all the time no matter how much I told him that he doesn't have to stay. He helped me eat and was my company until it was time for me to leave the hospital.

''Thank you for everything.'' - I said and hugged him. He didn't hug back and just nodded. Then I made my way home and was so excited to see my parents and Cassie again.

---------------------------------