Chapter 10: New friend, new tears

Today was Sunday and the sun was shining through my window. I smiled and thought that it will be a great day. I got up and did my usual morning routine. I went downstairs and had breakfast with my family before leaving.

I started walking through the streets without a direction until I saw something little and fluffy in the snow. I went closer and picked it up. It was a tiny kitten with big blue eyes, pink nose and white fur. Poor thing was freezing and I felt so bad. That's when I decided to take care of it. I put it in the pocket of my jacket because it was really small and I wanted to warm it up.

I started walking towards Aurora's place because I wanted to spend some time with her and Karen and show them my new friend. I still don't know how I'm gonna name her but maybe they can help me. They really love animals and Aurora has two dogs named Lizzy and Daisy. They're really loving and when ever they see me they come and lick my face.

Soon I arrived and when they saw the tiny little thing they started jumping and screaming. ''Where did you get this little cutie?'' - Aurora asked. ''I found it freezing in the snow so I took it to take care of it.'' - I said and they awwed. ''You have such a big heart, Cam.'' - Karen said but I don't feel that way. ''I just did what I thought was right.'' - I said and they smiled.

''Does she have a name?'' - Aurora asked me. ''No, I was hoping that you guys could help me with that.'' - I said and they smiled. ''Of course, Cam.'' - Aurora said and laughed.

While me and Karen were playing with it she went downstairs to get some milk. Soon she came back with a bow and poured some milk in it. We sat and watched the little fluffly ball drink it and it was so cute.

''How about we name her Cassie or Kara?'' - Aurora asked and I smiled. ''Cassy sounds awesome.'' - Karen said and I nodded. ''I agree. Cassy it is then.'' - I smiled and we hugged. We talked for a while until I had to go home. I grabbed Cassie and started walking towards my house.

Soon I arrived and my parents came to me. ''Hey, honey.'' - my mom greeted me and I smiled at her. ''Hey.'' - I said but the look on their faces made me worried. ''Where did you find this kitten?'' - my mom asked as my dad went back to the couch. ''It was freezing in the cold, mom. I had to take it and do as much as I can to help it.'' - I said. ''That's really kind of you, honey. But how are we gonna feed it when we are struggling to get food for ourselves?'' - she asked with worry in her voice. My eyes started watering and I knew she was right but I couldn't just throw it out. ''I'll manage, mom.'' - I said and she nodded. Even if I have to give half of my food to it I will do what ever I can to help.

I went to my room and placed it on my bed while cleaning a bit. It was now getting dark but I wasn't tired at all so I decided to jog a bit. I said bye to my parents and Cassie and went outside.

The weather was warmer now and the breeze was nice.  I kept staring at the beautiful sky full of stars as I was running through a park. I kept thinking about Shawn and how rude he was to me but I promised myself that I'll never cry about that again. It's good to cry for something as much as you want but never again for the same reason.

I kept running until I heard a familiar voice. It was Shawn hand in hand with some girl I didn't know. I can't even describe the pain I felt inside my chest. Like someone had stabbed my heart with a blade and was twisting it just to make me feel more pain. The way they looked at each other and the kiss they shared when he saw that I was looking at them drove me over the edge and I knew I had to get out of there before I break down in front of him.

I kept running and running until I was out of breath. I got to my house and slammed the door before running off to my room. I went to the bed and hugged Cassie while shaking like a leaf and crying uncontrollably...

It just keeps getting worse and worse no matter how positive I try to stay.

---------------------------------------