Chapter 11: Cheer up shopping

I still feel really bad after seeing Shawn holding that girl's hand and kissing her in the park yesterday. I just feel pathetic because I actually thought I had a chance with him when he obviously is straight. I was just too blind to see that he actually didn't like me.

It was now Monday morning and I just wish I could stay in bed all day and cry into my pillow but I knew that this wouldn't change anything and if I want to have a better life I should graduate school and get a nice job. So I stood up and just put on some clothes and did my morning routine. I went in the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked really horrible with my red puffy eyes.

After I was done I grabbed my backpack and said goodbye to my parents before leaving. I started walking and I couldn't stop that image of them kissing in my head. I felt so disgusted that I threw up. I wiped my mouth and kept walking to school.

It was just like every single day at school, except that Shawn was being friendly but I ignored him. He can't just kiss some girl and then act like he likes me just so I can help him with the new project. I've never been this mean to anyone but this time he really asked for it.

''Hey, you.'' - said Aurora. ''What's wrong?'' - Karen asked as we sat to eat lunch at our usual table. ''It's nothing.'' - I said and looked down. ''Come on, Cam. We know that look so don't act like you're okay.'' - Aurora said. ''We all know that you're sad and hurt so talk to us if you think it will help.'' - Karen added and I smiled at them. What did I do to deserve such good friends I thought to myself as I was ready to tell them what happened.

''It's simple.. I was jogging and I saw Shawn holding hands with a girl and kissing her.'' - I said and tears started rolling down my cheeks. ''Ohh, my poor baby.'' - they said as they came to my side and hugged me. ''He isn't worth your tears.'' - Karen said. ''Yuppp. You'll find someone way better than him.'' - Aurora said and I smiled at them. We finished our lunch and went back to class after the bell rang.

Maybe they are right.. maybe he isn't worth my time and my tears. I walked to my next period and didn't really pay attention to the teacher. I was just sitting there but my mind was somewhere else. I kept thinking about him and I realised that they were right. I should stop fooling myself by thinking there's some part of him that actually likes me. I should quit before I get even more hurt.

School finished and I saw Karen and Aurora next to my locker talking. ''Hey guys.'' - I said as I approached them. ''Hi, sweetie.'' - they said and hugged me. ''How are you?'' - Aurora asked. ''I'm doing ok.'' - I said remembering the whole situation. ''You're coming with us.'' - Karen said and I looked at them in confusion. ''We're gonna cheer you up by shopping.'' - Aurora said and I laughed. We always do that when one of us is feeling down.

Their dad came and picked us up from school. ''Now.. go have fun kids.'' - Mr. Johnson said and we all screamed. We entered the mall and started walking around. We started looking in the shops and they tried some dresses while I looked at some clothes. They bought a few dresses and then we went to an underwear store. While they were choosing something we saw Shawn buying underwear for some girl. It was the same girl from the park. My eyes started watering and they hugged me and said that we're leaving and that I should just forget him.

But as soon as he saw me he walked up straight to me. ''Hi, Cam.'' - he said. I just looked down, not wanting him to see me cry. ''Back off, jerk.'' - Karen said agressively. ''I'm not talking to you, bitch.'' - he said and my blood started boiling. ''NOO, you are the bitch.'' - I screamed and grabbed both of their hands and left him standing there.

''Thank you for protecting me, Cammy.'' - Karen said and hugged me. ''Always.'' - I said and smiled as we all hugged. We went into some other stores and they bought me a lot of new clothes and some flower crowns. I begged them not to spend their money on me but they insisted and I knew arguing with them won't change their minds. All that shopping really took my mind off of Shawn and his bullshit for a while.

Their dad came and picked us up and drived to my house. ''Thank you guys for today.'' - I said and they all smiled. ''Have a good night.'' - I said. ''You too, Cammy.'' - they said and soon I was alone in front of my little cozy home.

I made my way to my room and dropped all the bags on the floor. I went to my bed and fell asleep as soon as I got there. I was exhausted from all that drama with Shawn and the shopping with my friends.

I just hope that tomorrow will be better...

----------------------------------