Chapter 10

Two weeks passes, and today was Saturday. I am going out with Jimin to buy some groceries and necessities. Going out as a friend, not a date. My thought wandered else where. Me and Jimin now on a good term and we’re friends. Friend is good, right? Ugh who am I kidding. I want to be more than just friend. Then again, I noticed every girl want to be more than just friend with him.

I shrugged my thought. At least we’re not enemies anymore. Everything’s good. Everything grea-

“Hey. Chers? Are you done?” Jimin said waving his hand in front my face.

“Yep. All done.” I replied and strolled towards the cashier.

“Come on, lets go over there,” Jimin said softly as he dragged to a little cafe.

I nodded and followed him. My heart was racing hard and it turned even faster with him holding my wrist, dragging me behind him.

We sit down and a waiter hands us the menu. It was a little English theme cafe.

“Just order me a coffee.” Jimin said putting the menu on table.

“Okay.” My eyes wandered on the menu a bit. “Can I take your orders?” said the waiter.

“One coffee, one peppermint tea and chocolate waffle.” I ordered at the waiter.

Having just me and Jimin without all the boys makes me think its a date. My heart race again upon that thought.

“Thanks by the way.” Jimin starts the conversation. “For helping me with my assignment last week.” he stopped.

“Oh, it was really nothing.” I said to him.”You know, if you’re having trouble with English Literature, I could tutor you. I mean, if you needed it.” I said slowly.

“Really? Wouldn’t you find it bothering with your studies?” he retorted. He then dragged his chair closer and leans over the table, his face close to mine.
I bit my cheek to hold the pent up blush.

“Yeah, no problem. I have pretty good grades in my classes. I think I could help. Wait, that sounded so conceited.” I chuckled.

He chuckled. “That would help a lot actually! I’m kinda suck with Eng Lit, and I need to get my grades up to graduate. Thanks” he said with big grins and his hand holding mine, in appreciation.

I looked down trying to fight a smile, but hopelessly lose in the end.

After finishing our beverages, we headed back to our room.

“Hey, aren’t you the new girl?” a cute Chinese boy, I presumed, asked me with groceries in hand.

“Umm yeah, how’d you know?” I responded, chuckling. “Hey dude.” Jimin fist bumps with the boy.

“Hey, I’m Jackson.” he chuckled while looking at me. “I heard there’s a new girl assigned inside a guy room and he happened to be the famous player Jimin. Everyone in the campus knows about it. Seeing you with him, obviously shows you’re that girl.”

I turned around to see what Jimin’s reaction to all this and find him looking at Jackson up and down with his arms crossing in front his chest.

Jackson talk some more with me and as he laughed. He lands his hand on my arms. I stare at it as he slowly drops it back.

“I’ll catch up with you later.” Jimin grunts and take the rest of the groceries at my hand.
Before I can utter a word, he’s already gone.

*****

Jimin’s POV

Why are they flirting so openly? He even touched her. And she was laughing. It doesn’t take a genius to guess that. They were obviously flirting, and it pissed me off.

Wait, why I was pissed? She’s not even my girl, but seeing this is really bothering. Am I starting to likes her?

No. No. No. I shrugged the thought back. We’re just a friend. Just a friend. I pushed the thought back inside my head.

I continued walking fast and I can feel my feet stomping the floor. Why am I stomping my feet?

Just as I’m making my way a bit farther from them, I heard Cherry’s footsteps followed me behind.

“What is your deal?” Cherry demands, successfully stopping my walking. “Nothing, I juts don’t want to spoil our groceries. We need to put them inside the refrigerator fast. I lied.

I can see annoyance in her eyes at my lame excuse. I turned away before she can say anything back.

“You’re full of shit, you know that?” she scowl. Why won’t she just dropped it.

“Tell it to somebody who gives a fuck.” I responded, shielding my emotion with a bored expression.

“What is your problems? I thought we passed the immature remarks. I thought we’re friends. I thought we’re having a good day. What happened to nice Jimin?”

“My problem? You know nothing of it. I don’t need to explain myself to you. You’re not my mom, let out my girlfriend.” Maybe if I’m being an asshole to her, she’ll eventually stop.

I start walking again but with a faster pace as she takes a few deeps breath and then starts talking again.

“Listen, you can’t push me away with your rudeness.” she said. Great, now she’s a mind reader too. “If we’re going to be roommates for one semester, why don’t we both at least make an effort to get along, deal?”

I turned towards her and let out a scowl of agreement. She smiles contently and walk up our room, side by side.