Chapter 19

After a few hours, we finally reached the championship place. The boys were all meeting the manager of the championship to register their names. The championship was held at nine o’clock. I let out a sigh.

Playing with a lock of my hair and humming a song that I heard the boys practiced yesterday. The boys are going to participate and perform as a group and Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin are going to participate for solo afterwards.

Namjoon told me he’s meet me in front the entrance to give me my ticket in half an hour, until then, I was to stay here, slowly die of boredom. Can’t they bring me along at their rehearsal. I scowl at that thought.

“Someone looks like they’re having fun.” a familiar voice chuckled, standing beside me, too close for someone that were not in good term with each other.

Jongsuk smiled at me, letting out the cute teasing smile that I would have died for, a long time ago.

I mentally face palm and sighed. Jimin is right. Jongsuk is really here. I forced a friendly smile tp play on my lips. The past is the past, over is over. I’ve gotten over the thing between Jongsuk and me. I had Jimin now, even though he hadn’t confessed, nevertheless there was no point in keeping a grudge against my ex anymore. He can’t hurt me anymore.

Right?

“Hey.” I replied him.

Jongsuk looked rather surprised, almost as if he’s excepted me to act resentfully towards him, like a normal ex-girlfriend would do. He let out another genuine smile, then shrugged.

“So..” I began, “What are you doing here?”

“I also participated at this championship. Just for fun tho.”He said casually, flicking his hair out his eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“I cheered for a friend of mine. Jimin. Hmm, never knew you sang.”

He shrugged again, “May the best man win.”

I nodded, lost in thought. I hesitantly looked at Jongsuk, only to met his eyes, that hold onto a mixture of hurt and anger. “You’ve really fallen for him, haven’t you? I heard you’ve met someone new.”

It wasn’t a question, yet a statement, but I gave him an answer anyway.

“I love him”

It surprised me how Jongsuk managed to hear it despite the loud noise through the stadium.

“He’s a very lucky guy, Jieun.I hope he knows that winning your heart is undoubtedly, the best prize of all. I hope he doesn’t make the same mistakes I did. It made me lose the girl I love.” He placed his warm hand on top of my shoulder.

“It was real, wasn’t it?”

“What was?” I could barely breath.

“Us.” Jongsuk stared me with so much intensity, and for a moment I almost lost in his eyes, remembering all those time we shared joy, laughter, the memory where I fall in love for the first time.

“It was real, Jieun. But, I messed up. I couldn’t take the pressure on holding onto one girl.” With that he leaned closer towards me, as I closed my eyes. I felt him placing a soft kiss on my forehead. “I’m sorry.” he said. Moments later, I opened my eyes, only to find that Jongsuk was no longer there.

Then I realised that the kiss was in fact was a goodbye.

A few minutes later, I was tired of waiting I tried to search for the boys.

“Excuse me, do you know where Park Jimin is?” I asked a waiter, boy, same age as me, I presumed.

“Park Jimin were on room 5” he replied.

I looked up at the waiter and smiled, “Okay, thank you.”

After the waiter gone, I headed towards the corridors that led to Jimin’s room. I wondered what Jimin were doing. I still couldn’t believe I confessed at Jongsuk that I love Jimin. I was telling the truth no doubt, but saying it out loud was totally different thing.

So maybe, I should confessed to Jimin.

By the time I reached his room, I was mentally ready to grab his face, confessed my undying love and kiss him.

I smiled to myself, as I held the handle of the door the waiter told me, and pushed the door open.

My smile instantly faded. My heart breaks into million pieces. Just when I was about to confessed, this happened to me.

The girl I saw the first day I went here, the one I caught making out with Jimin, had her arms snaked around the neck of a very shirtless Jimin, who had lipsticks smudged on the edge of his lips, as he gripped her waist.

Deja vu hit me like a bitch. It was just like when I caught Jongsuk cheating on me.

Jimin finally noticed me there. He pushed the girl away and ran towards me, “Princess, trust me, this isn’t what it looks like.” He tried to held my hands.

Numbness had taken all over me, “This is what I think it was.”

The girl just stand there, without a sign of remorse, as I ran out the room, fighting back tears.

I was so stupid. What was I thinking? Hadn’t I learn that boy can’t never settled on one girl. Why would Jimin be any different. Why would I force myself into thinking that Jimin had changed?

Jimin kept calling my name, but I didn’t care to look at him. As I was almost at the end of the corridor, Jimin grabbed my waist, forcing me to spin toward him.

“Let me go, Jimin! Just leave me alone!” I protested.

“No!” he argued, “You have to believe me princess! I swear it wasn’t what it looked like.”

A small part of my brain kept reminding me that Jimin and me were never a thing, he basically wasn’t cheating on me, but why does my heart felt like it was ripped out my chest.

“I don’t care.” I shoved him, as image of Jimin and the girl replaying inside my brain.

“Almost immediately, Jimin pulled me back, hold my shoulder as if to put some sense into me. I stared angrily towards his eyes.

“Lee Jieun, I love you.”

I blinked, registering his words. I was shocked as he spoke the words I’d never thought I’d hear him say. Did he really just say that he love me? Or was he lying? It sounded so convincing, so honest, how could someone lie easily.

Despite having a fit of rage earlier, my stomach now filled with butterflies.

“Prove it.” The word escaped my lips without me noticing. Jimin’s eyebrows knotted in confusion.

“For real, Cherry?” Jimin put his hands on his hair in frustration, “How do you want me to prove it?”

“I want you to lose the solo song battle tonight.”