Chapter 13

I slip on my pajama as I think about the day. It was awkward as I tried to hide from Jimin afraid he would asked about earlier.

I walked out of the bathroom and threw myself onto my bed.

“Hey.” Jimin said.

“Hey.” I jumped off the the bed and landed on the desk chair. Jimin turned and sat next to me.

“Cher, can I-uh ask you something?” Jimin looked down, fidgeting his hand with a serious face.

I bit my lower lips, waiting for the worst. “Yeah, sure.”

“Who’s Jongsuk?”

Damn. I knew he was going to ask that. I was about to yell at him about not to bother about my private life but stopped. He deserves to know. I mean, he comforted me. He should know why, right? He’s been nice to me and it’s only fair that I turn the favor.

“He was once my boyfriend. My first boyfriend. My best friend since diapers day.”

“Do you want to know my story with him?” I said tears threatening to break lose.

“I know him since we’re baby. Jongsuk is handsome and has a nice personality, surely there are many girls who wanted to be his girlfriend including myself. I mean, having him my whole life surely makes me thinks he is made for me. Our parents even ship us together since.” I snorted.

“I was totally shocked when I founded out that he wanted me to be his girl.I was far from his league. He said that love has no boundaries and I fell for that. Hell, I even fall for him since little. So, without so much thought, I accepted his confession and we became a couple.” I sighed at the memories.

“At first we’re going strong. That’s what I think. We went to date almost every weekend and I totally love it.” I let out a sad smile, then continued. “However, I caught him having a date with a girl whom I admit was totally gorgeous than me. I confronted him about it and he said she was his cousin. I believed it because I trusted him. He won’t lie to me, right? But then again, when I was out for some groceries, I caught him again with her. Having a dinner at a fancy restaurant that he never even bought me there. I of course confronted him again, and he was mad at me for accusing him of such thing and being a bitch.” I sobs.

“if you saw your lover out with other persons you never saw before, wouldn’t you think the same?” I asked Jimin looking straight into his eyes. Jimin just nodded slowly.

“I was mad myself and we stopped meeting each other since. Then, one day, while I was arranging some stocks at my part time job store room, I saw Jongsuk flirting with my colleague. My colleague asked him, if he knows any Jieun and he confidently said he know none. Then who am I? Ghost? I am Jieun!” I burst into tears.

“After hearing that, I went out from the store room and slapped him, hard. We broke up that day.” I finished.
Jimin stayed rigid on his seat after hearing that came out of my mouth. “but I thought you don’t have any boyfriend. Didn’t you said so before?” Jimin asked carefully.

“Oh, I considered him didn’t exist on the earth anymore. Plus, no one knows about him. And I started to used an Cherry as my name, since he called me Jieun.” I looked down at the floor. I felt something holding me and I realise that Jimin was holding me. I hugged him back as tightly as I could.

Jimin face shows many questions swarmed inside his head. “I’m sorry I asked.”

“Oh, it’s okay. I needed to let it out somehow. Thanks for listening.” I let out a grin.

“You’re beautiful, princess. More than any girl. I hope you know that. I-I really care about you and don’t ever want to see you hurt, I don’t want to see you cry.” Jimin said as he roam his hand on his hair trying to avert his gaze. “Wow, that escalated fast.” I thought to myself. Nevertheless, I felt like I had uncovered a deeper and vulnerable side of him, a side that made me realize I am falling, falling hard for him.

I stare at him, feeling the urge to grab his face and kiss him right there. Stop caring about everything and just give in to the hunger, the wanting to be his.

“So... Wh-what about you? Any deep secrets?” I softly asked him. He sighed and looked up the boring white ceiling, and ready to begin.