Chapter 14

Jimin’s POV

“So... Wh-what about you? Any deep secrets?” Cherry asked me. I sighed in defeat. I owe her my story, so I begin.

“We used to be the perfect family. My ma used to own a small bakery shop and my dad was a surgeon. When I was small, we used to have this family tradition, where at the weekends, my parents would take a time off as we spent the evening at a family oriental restaurant followed by a movie afterwards.” I smiled at the memory, then grows sour knowing what comes next.

Cherry noticed my sour face and smile genuinely. “It’s okay. You don’t need to go on.”

“No, I do.” I replied to her in whisper.

“My mom decided to walk instead of me taking bus home after school. A special treat as it was my twelfth birthday. I was so excited that I waited at the school front step, even though it was cold. And it was winter.”

“The bakery was only fifteen minute walk from my school. As I know, fifteen minutes passes and I thought nothing of it. Twenty minutes passes and I told myself the bakery maybe have a lot customers today.”

“Finally, thirty minutes later, dad’s car pulled over in front the school front step. I ran to the passenger seat, with my smile plastered on my face. As I looked at the driver seat, I met my dad’s wet face. Then I got scared. “Hospital” he said. Just that one word and I knew something big happened.” I let out a sad sigh, Cherry’s grip tightened. She slowly moves her head towards my shoulder. I force myself to continue, knowing Cherry needed me to finish the story.

“Some retard was driving through the red light and bumped into her. The doctors were too late.” Cherry began rubbing my hand soothingly.

“After my mom was gone, my dad busied himself and grow more distant. He was always angry at me, claiming its my faults.” I cleared my throat. “It is though, we both know it. If she hadn’t gone to pick me up that day, this wouldn’t happened. And that asshole! He lived!”

Cherry met my eyes with her own, and moves her hand to cup my cheek. Our mouth grow closer, only separated by a few inch to touch each other. I was ready to give in.

Knock knock knock

“Whoops, did we interrupt something?” Namjoon winked at us. Hoseok and the other holler at us, making weird sound like some hungry wolf. Why does these people decided to visited us this time of the day, on this specific day. Curses. “You guys should thank god that I love you guys.” I said to them, Cherry’s cheek burn into deep pink and ushered to her bed.

“Tae here thought that it would be fun to hang at your place instead of ours.” Seokjin said.

I mentally face palm myself at these goofs.