Chapter 1: The First Torrent

The night was cold as the young teen sat on the trunk of his car, a cigarette in one hand and a his mp3 player in the other.  He was scrolling through his music looking for the right song to match his mood.  Much to his dismay, this had been another night in which his emotional instability was very apparent.  A curse that had been his mothers gift to him before leaving the family.  Almost every night he had to pull himself away from everyone and just relax.  It was a constant battle between depression and complete anger.  Sometimes it wasn’t a battle and the two emotions would mix together and just overwhelm him.  Those times were the scariest for himself and the ones he loved as he would flux between being really quiet, to slamming doors, breaking walls, and just yelling about whatever slightly pissed him off.  He hated it most of all because he would usually take it out on his fiance.

He took another drag from his cigarette and blow the smoke into the sky.  Finally the right song started playing, and he closed his eyes.  It was the song Apology by his all time favorite band Alesana.  To most people a song involving a long of screaming wouldn’t be relaxing, but to him, it was like a sweet massage for his brain.  He kept his eyes closed and leaned back on his car.  The song wrapped around him and took him deep into his own mind.  He felt as though he could sleep right there on his car.  And he would have too, if it wasn’t for someone taking the cigarette from his mouth.  Normally he would have been freaked out but from the scent wafting around him he knew who it was. 

“Hello Clarissa,” he said casually, taking one headphone out and opening his eyes.

Standing in front of him was a tall beautiful older woman in skimpy clothing.  As was accustomed with her, she wore short shorts that barely covered her butt and showed off her stocking tattoo on her right leg, a half shirt with long sleeves to show off her belly button piercing, and shoes that ran all the way up her shins.  Her lacey pink thong was pulled up so it ran over her hips and her shirt was just loose enough to show off far too much to be decent when she bent over.  The various other piercings she had on her body was just icing on the cake of her body.

She had short brown hair with blond highlights, that would have hung just in front of her eyes had she not tucked it behind her ears.  Her eyes were a deep blue and had the fun ability to change brightness.  That was something that had never really been talked about.  Her skin was a radiant white that could barely be seen by the shadow cast from the street light above them.  Which was a shame as she also had many beautiful tattoo’s splashed on her body.    

“My dear Romeo.  Sitting out here is dangerous all alone.  You could get hurt, or worse, killed.”

“Love, how many times do I have to tell you to call me by my real name?”

“I don’t like Jesse.  It brings shame to all the fun times we had together.”

Jesse rolled his eyes and sat up.  Ironically a song from a band that she had showed him started playing on his mp3 player.  He put it turned it down a little but left the other headphone in his ear.

“What are you doing out here anyway Clarissa?  Shouldn’t you be feeding right now?”

“The blood isn’t ripe right now from anyone close by.  So I decided to visit my favorite pet,” she said as she started petting him.  He pushed her arm away and took his cigarette from her.

“You know I don’t like when you treat me like an animal.  It reminds me of the monster I once was.”

“Lovely, we’ve talked about this.  The difference between an animal and a monster, is control.  You had control, so therefore you were just an animal.  And I love it,” she winked at him flirtatiously and then walked over to sit next to him.