Chapter 19: The Power Never Gone

When the car finally came to a stop Jesse had blacked out from the blood loss.  He dreamt of his first picnic with Ryder.  It was their two year anniversary and Ryder had been asking him for months to take her on a picnic.  She had enjoyed their nights out, but she had always wanted something simple, just a small gesture to show his love for her.  Jesse didn’t hate the idea, he had always wanted it to be special, and it felt special then.  Although he had failed to make it as romantic as he wanted.  He was a huge, horny asshole for most of their relationship, and even on this occasion he couldn’t curb himself.  For the most part though, he didn’t ruin it, atleast Rydar had said he didn’t.  They spent the better part of a few hours, sitting on the grass just talking.  It was the most amazing time he had, had for a long time.  Even though he couldn’t feel it, he knew his heart was aching over losing Rydar.  The love he felt for her was still there, and very strong.  It caused him a lot of pain.  If he was awake right now, he now he would be craving a cigarette, or crying.

I love you with everything I am.  Beyond forever and eternity.

They said that to each other every night before they went to sleep.  It was the purest way that Jesse could tell her that he loved her.

        Brent woke Jesse up with a hard shot to the face.  He gasped for air and almost immediately went into convulsions again.  Brent jabbed a needle in his arm and injected him with some kind of medicine.  The pain faded and the convulsions stopped.  He took a few deep breaths and gave it a few seconds before sitting up.  His jaw felt stiff from the shot to the face, but the meds that Brent gave him kept him from feeling the pain.  He was laying on a metal table with Brent sitting next to his feet with a cigarette in his mouth.

“Where am I?” he asked, looking over his wounds.

“In a garage on Circuit.  We’ve got your wounds taken care of for now, I sent my boy to go get someone who can actually close them up the right way.”

Jesse looked down at his body and saw gauze horribly wrapped around his arms and other parts of his body.  Old scars and wounds had reopened and were still bleeding heavily.

“What’s Circuit?”

Brent gave him a funny look, then laughed to himself.  He flicked the ash off his cigarette and blew smoke into the air.

“Circuit is the largest of the three continents left on earth?”

“Right, right,” said Jesse remembering the image of the earth he had seen at the Tree, “How did I get here?”

“Do you not remember me driving you here?”

“I meant to Circuit.”

“Oh, that I don’t know.”

Jesse sighed and sat up slowly; his head was swirling but atleast the pain was gone.  He ran his hand through his hair and grabbed a cigarette from the table next to the one he was laying.  Brent lit it for him and they smoked in silence for few minutes.  To Jesse’s surprise, his lungs started burning from the smoking, but it didn’t stop him.  For some reason, it was nice to feel human.

The huge metal garage door opened and Jake and a female walked inside.  She was young, probably a little over nineteen, with short partly spiked up, multicolored hair.  Her arms and stomach were riddled with tattoos and a few scars.  She wore a half cut, black shirt with the words : Tawmi’s Garage; splayed on her chest, a black sleeveless hoodie over it, low riding blue jeans that showed the muscles on her abdomen, and one black shoe and the other was dark red.  Dark black eye liner surrounded her eyes and branched out into various designs on the side of her eyes.  To Jesse she looked perfect.