Chapter 20: Start Of Something New

Jesse and Tawmi were silent for the rest of the ride until they arrived at Tawmi’s place.  She walked up to the door but paused as she reached for the handle.  Slowly she turned to face him, tears brimming around her eyes.

“Thank you for standing up for me back there.  Does this mean your . . .”

Jesse cut her off, “It means I didn’t want you or that girl to get hurt.  That’s it.”

Tawmi walked over and stood close to him, her face inches from his.

“Is that a one time deal?” she asked seductively.

“Depends on how often you intend on getting in trouble,” responded Jesse with a smile.

“Oh I get into a lot of trouble.”

Her lips were now grazing his, her every breath teasing the inside of his mouth with her taste.  Their eyes danced around each other, neither able to make direct eye contact.  Jesse kept his hands at his sides, but Tawmi’s were sliding underneath his shirt; rubbing his stomach.

“Will this be a one time deal?” he asked, leaning his forehead against hers, careful to keep his lips just away from hers.

“Depends on . . .”

Jesse pressed his lips against hers and backed her against the door.  Her hands were still caught in his shirt, but his were trailing around her body.  He slid one hand past her body and grabbed the doorknob.  Pressing her against the door, he turned the knob and broke the lock.  They stumbled inside and Jesse quickly pushed the door closed.  Tawmi turned him around and pushed him off.  She ran to the door and locked two other locks at the top of the door.  By the time she turned around, Jesse was already behind him.  He pined her against the door and and ran his hands around her body, fixing his fingers inside her belt loops.  She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him passionately.  He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around him.

They tumbled around the living room and hallways; shedding clothes as they headed for the room.  Once they were inside, they fell on the bed.  First Tawmi was on top, but Jesse’s wings were bothering him too much.  He wrapped his tail around her and rolled her over.  His tail wavering behind him, slinking around his leg and hers.  They kissed passionately and explored every inch of each others bodies with their hands.  Gingerly at first but then more aggressive as they progressed.  Tawmi was quick to dig her nails into his back and drag them around his body.  Her teeth sinking into the excess skin of his neck or the extra flesh on his chest.  Jesse let out soft growls and moans as he fell into ecstasy over the enjoyment of the mixture of pain and pleasure.  Yet as much as he enjoyed it, he was careful to keep hold of himself.  The last thing he would want to do was let go of the animal inside.  They kissed again, but as Jesse pulled back, he found himself starring into her eyes.  Soft, beautiful, begging for the intimacy and the passion they were intertwined in already, but she wanted something else.

“What’s wrong?” she asked quietly.

“I’m scared,” he said honestly.

Tenderly, she ran her hands up his body and through his hair.  She gazed gently into his eyes and smiled, then let out an excited breath that shook her entire body.

 “Don’t be scared.  You’re not going to hurt me.”

She pulled his head softly to hers and pressed her lips gently against hers.  Using her legs, she wrapped them around his waist and pulled him into her.  Jesse’s body exploded with pleasure and he let out a loud growl as they started writhing together.  But even has he found himself getting lost in the sensation, his mind was thinking about Ryder.

After they finished, Tawmi was quick to fall asleep, Jesse on the other hand couldn’t sleep.  He walked outside and lit a cigarette that he had taken from a pack on Tawmi’s dresser.  He would pay her back when he had the money.  Sitting outside, he watched the sun go down over the rooftops.  Tawmi’s house set pretty high up on the hill the houses were built on.  The view was pretty clear with the tops of houses setting the horizon.  Despite the beautiful look, he still couldn’t bring himself to smile.  Tawmi was helpful, and very nice, but he was still ultimately alone.  His friends all thought that he was dead, and were probably moving on to get themselves resettled.  It was for the best though, their lives were in less danger this way.  With Azrael thinking he was dead, he would most likely not go after them anymore.  They would be safe, they would be free to live their lives safe and normal again.  He would no longer be their problem.  Even he would be able to live a normal life among other non-humans like himself.  He could have a job, a life, a home; everything he would need to be normal, to have what he and Noel wanted.  

“You have found much happiness during this time youngling.”

Jesse jumped up and looked around, but he was alone.  As he slowly turned, the world faded to black.  It was dark until a symbol, a large circle with a bold square in the center, appeared beneath his feet.  He took a few steps back as a small green orb manifested in front of him.  Slowly it took a vague human form, and floated in front of him. 

“You have grown much since last we met.  There is less anger and pain in you.”

The figure floated around him and appeared to look him up and down.  Jesse leaned to the side and kept his distance from the figure.  He lifted up his left arm to keep his distance and immediately the figure grabbed him.

“The jewel burns brightly.  Have you lost the controlling blood?”

“What are you talking . . .”

The figure zoomed forward and stopped inches away from his face.  Starring into the Aura, he could see what looked like the faint image of a woman.  He leaned in but the figure didn’t move.

“Who are you?” he asked as he pulled his arm free from it’s grip.  The figure continued to float around him but offered no further answers.  Jesse was starting to get annoyed and his jewel was getting brighter.

“You must control your anger youngling.  Otherwise your Aura will surge faster and cause you to overmax.”

“Overmax?”

“When you’re Aura increases beyond what your body can handle and releases itself.  You have experienced it once before yes.”

“You mean what happened in that town, right?  I healed from that though, I could do it again.”

“You would put all these people in danger, including Tawmi?”

Jesse quickly quieted himself.

“Of course you wouldn’t, that is why I chose you.”

“Chose me?  Chose me for what?  Who are you?”

“Well that and your special blood, although it would appear as though you have lost it along with your former body.”

“Please explain this too me,” begged Jesse.

For the third time the glowing being stayed quiet.  However this time, it stayed in front of him.  Jesse felt like he was being studied like an apple dangling on the lowest branch.  The glowing figure deciding whether he was clean enough to eat or to just past by.  As angry as Jesse was getting though, he felt no tension between them.  The more he thought about it, it felt more like a mother who hadn’t seen her child in a long time.   Suddenly the figure lifted it’s hand, and an floating green clock appeared in the air.  Both of the hands were pointing up.

“I suppose the time has come that you be filled in on the meaning of your life and the choices that have been made for you.”

Jesse was going to argue, but he wouldn’t even know what to say.  The figure finally landed in front of him and placed it’s hands on his head.  There was a glow in it’s fingers and suddenly Jesse was standing in a field.  He looked around but saw nothing around him.  Then there was a woman, she had long dark green hair, pale white skin, dark brown eyes, and wore a white sun dress covered in sun flowers.

“I am the goddess Gaia.”