Chapter 13: Sin to Saint

When Lust woke up again, it was to the sight of Gluttony.  The tall, fat man that she had come to known as a brother.  He was really gentle to her and had always done his best to care for her when they were together.  His hair was cut into a mohawk and resembled an inferno’s flame.  She had never seen his eyes before, as they were constantly hidden by goggles that looked to be implanted into his head.  The clothes he wore resembled a swat teams outfit minus the helmet, and was colored blue and black.

“Are you okay love?  Here you must feed,” he said holding out his arm.

He had cut open his wrist so she could feed on his blood.  The thought of drinking blood made her stomach turn.  How could she have done it for so long and thought it okay?

“No thank you I’m fine,” she said waving away his arm, pausing at the sight of blood on her hands.  Somehow she knew that it was Jesse’s.

“Are you sure?  You seem as though something is wrong?”

“I’m fine Gluttony, thank you for your concern.”

As she forced herself to stand, she noticed the freshened bruises and new cuts on her body.  Jesse had done well to cover his tracks and show no sign of her connection to him.  She looked up, only for Gluttony to stand in front of her.

“I doubt you’d want to see that.  That animal smashed Wrath’s head after stabbing him through the chest.  He must have realized that we have no hearts to stab.”

She knew the real reason was to hide the spike hole in his head.  It was doubtful that he realized that they lacked hearts.

“Where’s Pride?” asked Lust looking around.

Gluttony nodded behind her.  She turned around to see her older sister, and leader of the sins standing on the hill watching the clouds clear away.  Her beautiful golden hair shined in the light, accenting her dark black skin.  She turned to face her younger sister, her golden eyes shining brighter than ever.  It was obvious that she had just fed, most likely on Wrath.  The uniform she wore was skin tight and radiant yellow and black.  It was a one piece suit that exposed only her arms below the shoulders, and legs below the thighs.  She worse simple black shoes on her feet and tape around her hands.  For some reason it made her look all the more powerful and in charge.

Pride strolled over to Lust and stopped a few feet away.  She starred daggers at her, then her expression softened and she smiled.

“I’m glad to see that monster didn’t hurt you too bad,” she said softly.

“Ya, Wrath . .  .” she fought not to vomit at these words, “Saved my life.”

That bastard tried to kill her, Jesse was the one who saved her.  He put his life on the line and body in danger for her.  He had done a lot of things for her.

“Very hard to believe.”

Fear ran down Lust’s spine and made her shiver.

“Wrath was always one to do things for himself, but I guess he was a good man after all.  Wasn’t he?” asked Pride, eyeing Lust curiously.

“Yes,” she hated herself for saying it.

“Well then, let’s get going.  You must be tired after all of this, and you need to feed.”

Lust’s stomach was doing flips still.  She wasn’t sure how well she was going to be able to hide this change.

*****

Jesse and Rachel sat in Rachel’s kitchen and discussed everything that had happened.  Just as she had always done, Rachel waited till Jesse was done before saying anything.