Chapter 17: Sibling Rivalry

When Lust woke up, she was laying inside a dark cave, a small fire burning behind her.  She rolled over and saw Jesse standing at the mouth of the cave.  He hadn’t shifted back into his normal human form, she wasn’t sure if he still could.  Part of her contemplated running, but she wouldn’t make it past him or away from him.  Even before his new power he was faster than her and would have caught her easily.  She was easy pray for whatever he was planning on doing with her.

“You’re finally awake, angel?”

Lust jumped at the sound of his voice.  It was smoother and lower in tone than before.  He sounded like he also had a slight fading southern accent.

“Angel?” she asked, fully sitting up.

“You are an angel are you not?  That is why Jesse chose you to stand by him as his bride?’

Her face burned bright red at the word bride.  Not like she hadn’t thought about it before, but she wasn’t sure if Jesse had.  She could get inside his mind, but she didn’t make it a habit to dig into his thoughts.  Well not often anyway.

“I . . . I’m not an angel.  I’m a sin, created by Azrael to kill him, you.”

“So you were originally like the other two I saw back there?  Odd; you don’t act like the other two, nor do you carry the same scent or Aura.  You are something different than them.”

“That’s because Jesse, you, gave me some of your, um his, aura to keep me alive.”

“You do not have to stumble over your words.  We are one person, just two different minds.”

“Like split personalities?”

“Yes, like split personalities.  I am the personality that was created at birth, the Jesse you know is the personality created by his father blocking the memories of the horrific things I did to protect him and ease his pain from those who hurt him and suppressing that which he was born to be.”

“What do you mean?’

She stood and walked over to stand beside him.  She was careful to keep her distance but didn’t try to stand in front of him just incase he thought she was going to run.  She wouldnt’ she still had a promise to keep, but that didn’t stop the thoughts.

“I was born of the darkness from my father and mothers hearts.  Given the power to judge and punish the wicked that roamed this earth.  Our father however, saw fit to teach me the opposite of my birth right.  Thus creating a rift inside my mind.  A divide between what I was learning and what I was born to do.  As the years carried on that divide grew larger and threatened to tear my mind apart.  It was put under greater strain when I was chosen to harbor the dragon Zenkro.  The beast’s natural instincts clung to darkness in my mind and the instability of my emotions.  Using them as triggers to take over and cause our transformations, cling more so to the anger that it was born to know.  Thanks to my father, the beast was suppressed the more I learned to hide and control my emotions.”

“However, the rift in our mind finally tore when our grandfather beat me and Nicholas.  He threatened Nicholas’ life first, which as my brother, I would not allow.  I threw myself in dangers way to protect my brother, yet my father’s teaching would not allow me to kill the man and I held back.  In the end it cost me my life.  My grandfather nailed me to a cross and my mother stabbed me and they watched as I bled to death.  On the threshold of life and Elysium the rift grew to large and finally caused a spilt in my mind.  The person that my father was creating passed on, but I used both the powers of my syrixx angel birth and the dragon and brought myself back to life.  I killed the old man and ate him, using his blood and flesh to speed my healing.  However, I didn’t anticipate that causing the other person to return to this body as well.”