Chapter 4: The Tsunami Rises

Jesse stared at the frightened guards surrounding him as he descended to the ground.  Actually it wasn’t just the guards that were scared, it was the citizens as well.  Every face surrounding them was etched in fear.  The only person who didn’t look scared was Rydar.  Replacing the fear was concern and worry for Jesse.  He took a step towards her but stopped as different scents started to hit him.  She smelled like vanilla and flowers, very intoxicating.  It was the same scent she had when he had seen her in his mind at night.  He had missed her so much since he had been in prison, and this scent, was just making his missing of her worse.  He wanted to hold her and kiss her.  But then he caught the scent of blood and poison.  He looked up and saw the guards still surrounding him.

“Should we attack?” asked one of the guards in a whisper.  It came through like a yell to Jesse.

“Azrael owns your ass, so you better put it on the line.”

The demon guard stepped away from the rest and approached Jesse.  He had a large sword in one hand and a pair of cuffs in the other.  Rydar circled around to stand behind Jesse as he stepped forward as well.  As soon as he was within arms reach Jesse hit him as hard as he could.  The punch shattered the guards face mask and sent him flying back.  Another guard got close and Jesse kicked him in the chest.  He spun to avoid a falling blade and shoved the guard holding it.  Two more guards tackled him and third tried to grab his legs.

Using strength he didn’t know he had, Jesse flipped the guard off his legs.  Then he wrapped them around one of the other guards neck and flung him back into the crowd.  With a now free hand he was able to beat the remaining guard until he was stopped moving.  He pulled his arm free and jumped to his feet.  Other guards moved in and Jesse made his way through them until he reached a clearing.  He looked back to find Rydar but she was already gone.

Run baby, please.

Jesse couldn’t just leave her.  He had worked so hard to finally find her.

Go now!

Damn her voice in his head.  He still hadn’t decided if he was going crazy or not by hearing her when she wasn’t around.  Before he could make up his mind, he was hit from behind by a large bar.  He stumbled forward but whirled around and connected with a solid kick to the side of the guard’s head.  The guard crumbled to the floor as Jesse tried to get back to a stable footing.  Chains wrapped around his waist and held him in place.  He turned back to see another wave of guards coming at him.  Jesse roared again and pulled at the chains.  With godly strength he ripped the guards holding the other ends from the ground and flung them behind him.  He unwrapped the chain from his waist and wrapped it around his left arm.  He lunged forward and hit one of them with his chained forearm.  Another metal staff hit the back of his leg and caused him to buckle momentarily.  He swiftly got back to his feet and kept fighting.  After fighting off a few more guards, the sheer number of them donned on him.  It was like a never ending army of these annoying little trolls.  Even though his stamina had lasted a lot longer then normal, he wasn’t sure how much longer it would hold.  His patience on the other hand was already gone.

I’m sorry baby.

He turned to run only to have a very large, hovering vehicle pull up in front of him.  The logo on the side told Jesse that it belonged to the guards.  It wasn’t going to let him get through without a fight.

Anger welled inside his stomach as he rammed his fist through the front of the vehicle.  He screamed with rage and used all his strength to lift it higher up and flipped it over.  The guards and citizens stared in awe at the wreckage sitting in front of him.  Jesse himself was just as stunned as the rest of them.  How did he have the strength to do that?