Chapter Two

"These are 210 calories." Connie smiled pointing to the cherry bakewells as she tried her best to convince the two older ladies into buys something. "These?" The particularly shorter woman questioned, as she pointed to the donuts which were covered in icing and hundreds and millions. "240." Connie smiled cheerily. She watched as the women contemplated, "However if you eat them standing up, it half's them." She quickly retorted, the two old ladies smiled and nodded, "Shall we wrap them up?" They nodded in response, Connie passed the plate over to her coworker "Thanks Fred." She smiled.

She lifted the teapot and made her way over to Mrs.Evans, a regular. "Tea?" Connie smiled, "I don't think I can finish all this." The older woman stated looking to the rather large sandwich before her, "Shall we wrap it up?" "Oh that'd be lovely." Connie smiled and took the plate, handing it to Fred.

After everyone had left, they did their usual clean of the cafe. 6 years she had worked there after a £1 bet she couldn't get a job in less than 24 hours, her best friend, Zoe, had made.

"Bye Fred." She called happily, Connie couldn't be any happier. Even though her life wasn't everyone idea of perfect, she was happy enough. Before she could leave Fred rushed over handing her a brown envelope. "I'm sorry." He looked at her sadly, she clasped the envelope. "Oh." She gasped, "I'd keep you... But we're shutting down." He looked solemnly, she nodded "Bye Fred." She managed to hold back the tears making her way home.

Her home consisted of her, her dad, mum, sister and her nephew. "William!" Claire gasped, "What? I'm just saying we needed that money." William sighed as they all sat around the table, "She worked there for 6 years for what? It to be thrown in her face." "I wouldn't go that far William... They're shutting down." Claire looked.