Chapter 10

Rory, Tristan and Logan enjoyed a relaxed breakfast together before Tristan left to return to Princeton, and Rory insisted on returning to her room to study and work on a paper due that week after seeing him off.  She spent the rest of Sunday in her dorm room hard at work, only breaking long enough to grab a cup of coffee or order takeout for dinner.  She had just finished proofing an article for the Yale Daily News at 9:00 when her phone beeped with a text message.

Are you ready to come out of isolation yet?  We're all headed to the pub.  -L

Aw, do you miss me?  -R

What can I say?  I've grown rather accustomed to having you around this weekend.  -L

Sure, give me fifteen minutes and I'll meet you there.  -R

I'll be at your door in ten minutes to walk with you.  -L

You do know that I've been walking places all alone for years, right?  -R

Not the point, Ace.  I'll let you go all feminist over something else, but I'd feel better if I walk with you since it's dark.  -L

Alright, you win, my strong protector.  Come whisk me away in ten minutes.  -R

Rory rolled her eyes, giggling to herself about Logan's apparent protective tendencies, while she walked to her closet and pulled out a cute top, changing as she crossed the room.  She ran a brush through her hair, slipped on her black high-heeled boots, and swiped on some mascara and lip gloss, finishing just as the there was a knock on the door.  She stole a quick glance in the mirror before grabbing her purse, keys and phone and walking to the door.

"Ah, my strong protector boyfriend has arrived," Rory said with a giggle as she opened the door.

"What can I say, Ace.  This boyfriend gig is growing on me quickly," he replied as he leaned in for a kiss that left Rory weak in the knees.

"Well, you are showing a rather impressive talent for it," she whispered as they pulled apart.  He watched her for a minute, eyes still closed, her lips turned up in a soft smile, breathing heavily.  He instinctively wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest and relishing the feel of having her in his arms.

"Mmm...this is really nice," she cooed at him.

"Indeed it is.  Shall we head out to the pub, or would you prefer to just hang out here?"

"You'd stand your friends up for me?" she asked as she tilted her head up to look at him.

"If you wanted to just relax here, absolutely."

"An impressive talent indeed.  How about we go have one drink with your friends and then come back here?"

"Sounds perfect," he replied before moving his lips to kiss her one more time. 

They slowly pulled apart and walked to the pub together, his arm around her shoulders and hers tightly around his waist.  They walked in the pub to choruses of "hellos" from all of Logan's friends, who had instantly taken a liking to the beautiful brunette woman who had so obviously grabbed the attention of their blonde friend. 

Rory greeted the group and excused herself to the restroom, quickly followed by Steph and Rosemary.  The girls giggled and chatted in the restroom, asking Rory questions about her new relationship with Logan and dishing on their relationships before returning to the table they had left the boys at.

Rory looked up to notice an attractive blonde wearing far too little sitting next to Logan attempting to garner his attention and she immediately frowned.  As she got closer to the table she could see that Logan's attention was firmly on Colin who was sitting to the opposite side of Logan rather than on the blonde attempting to get his attention.  The woman reached over and placed her hand on Logan's leg, and Rory couldn't help but giggle at the audible frustrated groan from Logan as he turned and removed her hand from his leg.  Deciding to take pity on him, she quickly came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him behind his ear.