Chapter 33

Rory emerged from the terminal, bags in hand, and smiled when she saw the driver holding the sign with her last name. She had called Colin and Finn and asked for their help in getting to Logan's flat and they had immediately sprung into action and made arrangements to send their driver to pick her up upon her arrival and to get Logan out for a bit so she could surprise him.

"I'm Miss Gilmore, but please call me Rory," she told the driver as she approached him.

"Lovely to make your acquaintance, Miss Rory," the driver answered with a smile. "Please, allow me to get your bags." He took her bags and led her out of the terminal toward the waiting town car.

"Thank you. I don't think I caught your name?" she asked. She may have grown up in a life of privilege, but she believed strongly that everyone deserved to be treated with kindness and respect.

"It's Henry, ma'am," he answered with a smile.

"Well, thank you for your help, Henry."

Henry smiled at the beautiful young lady - she was obviously someone very special. The girls he usually picked up for his employer's son and friends were vastly different than the lovely girl in front of him, and he was momentarily puzzled by her involvement with the lads.

He helped Rory into the car and then situated himself in the driver's seat to begin their short journey into the heart of London.

"Have you been friends with Masters Colin and Finn for long, Miss Rory?" he asked curiously.

"I've known them for a few months now. We met through my boyfriend, Logan Huntzberger."  Rory noticed the driver's eyes widen and laughed. "That's the usual reaction to people finding out that Logan has a girlfriend; I've actually gotten used to it now," she continued in amusement.

"Well, Master Logan is certainly a very lucky man," the driver chuckled.

They arrived at Logan's flat a few minutes later and Henry left Rory and her luggage in the capable hands of the building concierge. Logan had already left word that Rory was to be given a key card when she arrived in anticipation of her planned trip a few weeks later, and before she knew it she was whisked up into Logan's flat.

She stood taking in the view of the city and the clean, modern feel of the apartment. It was sterile and lacked the welcoming, lived-in feel of hers and Logan's apartment back in New Haven.

She walked through the apartment, exploring further, and smiled when she walked into the bedroom. The room smelled of Logan - a comforting mixture of his cologne and the scent that was uniquely him - and she instantly felt at home. It had only been a week since she'd seen him, but she missed him fiercely before arriving in London. Now, standing here among his things and his scent, her heart ached to have him close. She walked closer to the nightstand and picked up the picture of them that was proudly displayed. It was the two of them wrapped up in each other's arms on the beach at Thanksgiving.

Her phone buzzed and she looked down to see a text from Finn that Logan would be home in about an hour. She quickly sprung into action, unpacking her clothes and shoes and putting them away in the closet and then putting her toiletries in the bathroom. Then she changed into something special she'd purchased for Logan and got comfortable in the bed.

**********************************************
Logan sighed and ran his hand through his hair as the elevator ascended to his flat. Colin and Finn had drug him out of the house, despite his intense desire to stay home, and he'd finally managed to convince them that he was ready to go back home. Their outing today had seemed pointless, and he still wasn't sure why they'd felt the need to galavant around town.

He exited the elevator and dropped his keys in the bowl next to the door as he entered his flat. Something felt...different...but he couldn't put his finger on what it was. The whole place felt warmer, more inviting, more like home. He shook his head and walked toward the master bedroom, ready to slip out of his shoes and relax.

He turned the corner into the bedroom and his heart stopped. His girlfriend - the woman he loved more than anything - was laying there in his bed. Her hair was fanned out around her head and she was wearing a stunning blue silk teddy. He blinked, certain that this must be a dream, and smiled when their eyes met.

"You're here..." he whispered. He kicked his shoes off as quickly as possible and sprinted to the bed, anxious to feel Rory in his arms.   "I'm so happy to see you, but what are you doing here?" he asked as her began nuzzling her neck and kissing her shoulder.

"I just...I knew after we Skyped yesterday that I needed to be here with you. I packed and had Tristan drop me off at the airport and here I am," she replied softly, running her hands up and down his muscular back.

"God, I missed you, Ace," Logan murmured. "How long can you stay?"

"I'm here for as long as you want me here, baby. I can't stand being apart for the whole summer."

Logan's smile grew even bigger and his eyes lit up. "Can you stay until I get to come home? I can't stand being away from you either," he asked as he continued kissing down her body.

"I can," she whispered, and then she moaned as he hit a particularly sensitive spot. He was quickly working her into a desperate state.

"That's the best news I've heard since you told me that you love me the first time," he replied.

"Logan?"

"Hmm?" His lips were far too busy to talk.

"Logan, baby, please. Make love to me. I need you," she begged.

"And I need you, my love."

They spent the rest of the day in bed, happily wrapped up in each other's arms. They would drift off to sleep after making love, and soon one of them would wake and reignite the fire between them. As they drifted off to sleep late that night, Logan sighed happily. Rory was wrapped around him, safe and happy in his arms, and nothing had ever felt more right. He thought over their plan to marry quietly after he graduated the following year and smiled. She was here for the summer. There was no reason that they couldn't get their marriage license here in England and sneak away for a weekend to elope. He resolved to talk to her about his idea the next day and then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.