Chapter 38

Logan's POV
I stood near the edge of the rooftop looking out at the beautiful London skyline all lit up at night and sipped my scotch as I thought back over the events of the day. I couldn't quit reliving that moment when I saw Rory walking down the aisle toward me. I'm a man who is never without the appropriate vocabulary to describe a moment, an experience, a feeling, but there were simply no words adequate to convey what I felt as I saw my bride walking toward me. It was a moment of absolutely clarity – of knowing without question that I was exactly where I wanted to be with the woman who I love more than life itself as we pledged to spend the rest of our lives together. I looked down at the ring on my finger and smiled like an idiot.

I heard her approaching before she reached me and turned and pulled her into my arms, giving her a sound kiss as my hands found her soft, warm skin that was bared by her backless wedding gown. "I've never seen a more beautiful woman in my life, Ace. You're absolutely radiant," I whispered. She snuggled into my chest and sighed contentedly.
"I'm radiant because I'm so unbelievably happy and sure of us, Logan," she replied softly, and my heart swelled even more if that's possible.

"That moment I saw you appear at the end of the aisle, it was everything I could do to stay where I was and not sprint down to meet you. You took my breath away and knocked my socks off, Rory. I can't believe you're my wife."

Rory made a happy noise and snuggled in even further. "I'm so happy to be your wife. I want to tell the whole world."

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that; I'm sure the press will handle that for us," I chuckled. "Now, I'd really like to dance with my wife. What do you say?"

"I'll dance with you every day for the rest of my life if you want me to," she replied with a smile.

I took her hand and led her to the center of the small dance floor and then nodded to Finn who had managed to set up a sound system and a playlist for the evening.

"Ladies and gents, it's time for the Mr. and Mrs. Huntzburger's first dance as husband and wife. Rory, this song is from Logan to you," Finn announced loudly before picking the song I'd chosen for our first dance.

The Way You Look Tonight began to play and I pulled Rory into my arms and held her closely as we danced to a song that perfectly described her in this moment. This wasn't a stuffy, formal society waltz; this was a slow, sweet dance with my wife. We swayed together, lost in the moment, and I felt like the luckiest man in the whole world as I held her against my body.

"I can't wait to get you to the hotel and enjoy you out of this dress," I murmured against her ear, and she giggled. We'd elected to get a hotel room in downtown London rather than return to the flat tonight. There was no telling when the press would catch a glimpse and break the story of our wedding, and we didn't want Mitchum showing up on our wedding night demanding an explanation. There was a bit of a running bet over how long it would be until we were outed in the media and our door was being beaten down.

"Not yet, Mac. I want to enjoy our night here with our family and friends a little longer," she said sternly, but she was laughing as she scolded me.
"We have all the time in the world," I whispered as the song began. I dipped her and kissed her deeply and then deposited her into her dad's arms for their dance and walked over to Lorelai.

"I'm closer to you and Chris than I am to my own parents. May I have this dance?" I asked with a smile. I had talked with Rory about dancing with Lorelai while she had her father-daughter dance and she happily agreed.

"Of course you can," Lorelai answered. "Just do me a favor and don't get too mushy about this whole thing; I'm holding on by a thread," she joked.
I laughed and led her out on the dance floor where Rory and Chris were dancing to Butterfly Kisses.

"Thank you both so much for being here, Lorelai. It means the world to Rory and me. I think of you two as parents, frankly. I'm hoping that your parenting methods will rub off on me and erase how my parents raised me by the time we decide we want to have kids," I confessed quietly.

"Oh, Kiddo. You're going to be an amazing father when the time comes. Just make sure the time doesn't come too soon," she teased, and I laughed.
"We definitely will make certain of that. Rory has to finish school first, and we need to enjoy time just the two of us," I assured her.

"I know Chris and I weren't too sure of you at first, but we'd have to be blind not to see how much you love our daughter. I trust you to take care of her and love her the way that she deserves, Logan."

"That's something else I've learned from watching you and Chris. My parents didn't teach me that. Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever love until I met Rory. She's just this force to be reckoned with, so full of life, and she draws you in. I think I was a goner that first weekend," I confided in her. "I know I'll mess up and make mistakes, but I promise that I'll always love her and be faithful to her. We'll teach our kids to love as well as you've taught her."

"That's all I could ever want. Welcome to the family, Son."