Chapter 36

Rory took one last look in the mirror and then walked into the living room to join everyone else.  Her parents had arrived earlier in the week and helped finalize all of the arrangements for their small wedding celebration.  Tomorrow was the big day, and tonight they were all going out to dinner to celebrate the couple and enjoy time together.  Chris and Lorelai had secured Blades at Hush Mayfair for their evening out, and Rory couldn't wait to see the venue.

Logan smiled broadly and wrapped his arms around his bride-to-be when he saw her enter the room.  She looked absolutely radiant in a deep blue cocktail dress with a sweetheart neckline and fitted bodice.  The soft chiffon flared into a loose, swishy skirt that moved as she walked.  He'd never seen her look so beautiful.  He leaned down and kissed her sweetly and then grabbed glasses from both of them from the tray sitting on the kitchen island.  He held up his glass and looked toward their family and friends who were there to support them.

"To each of you who so graciously rearranged your lives so that you could be with us as we officially begin our lives together.  Rory and I are grateful for each of you.  To family – both by blood and by choice!" he offered.

"To family!" they all replied as they clinked glasses and sipped their champagne.  A few minutes later, they all gathered and headed down to the waiting limousine to be whisked away to dinner.  The group laughed and talked animatedly on the way and soon pulled up in front of their destination. 

Rory gasped when she looked up and turned to her parents with an awestruck smile on her face.  "This is...I can't believe it!" Rory squealed as she moved to hug both of her parents.  The front of Hush was beautifully green and lush and had white lights everywhere, giving it an ethereal glow.  They were escorted inside to their private room which was beautifully decorated in cream and black with beautiful pops of color and everyone settled in for cocktails before dinner was served.  Once they all had drinks in their hands, Chris stood.

"It seems we're doing everything a bit differently than tradition would dictate, but anyone who has ever met Lorelai or Rory shouldn't be surprised," he began, causing everyone to chuckle.  "Lorelai and I are so happy that you're all here with us this weekend to celebrate Rory and Logan.  I'll be honest, I didn't care for Logan much when he and Rory started seeing each other.  I didn't think anyone would ever be good enough for my little girl, but as I saw how much he cared for her and how well he loved her my feelings changed.  I'm grateful that you both wanted us here with you as you tie the knot tomorrow, and I will be proud to give my daughter away to you."

He chuckled and choked back the tears that were forming in his eyes as Rory flew into his arms and hugged him fiercely.  "Thank you, Daddy.  I'll always be your little girl," she whispered.  He hugged her more tightly and held her for a moment, relishing the opportunity to have his girl in his arms. 

When they parted Logan stood and embraced Chris.  "Thank you," Logan said softly, also caught up in the emotion of the moment.

"Well, since we're giving speeches now," Finn broke in, and everyone turned their attention toward the eccentric Aussie.  "I've known our boy Huntzberger since we were in diapers, and I must say, I never considered him to be the marrying type.  We've gotten in loads of trouble together and sometimes I wonder how we made it through.  When he met us at the bar last fall and informed us that his days of chasing skits were over Colin and I went into mourning.  We couldn't possibly understand what would motivate him to want to settle down.  We all got to meet Rory the next evening, and we instantly understood.  Rory captivated us all with her beauty, wit, sense of humor, and kindness, and we all fell under her spell as Logan did.  Logan, mate, I say all of this to say that if I had a Sheila like Rory by my side I would hurry up and put a ring on her finger as well.  She's made you a better man, and in a rare moment of honesty I'll admit that I hope to find one like her someday down the road, after many, many more redheads," Finn joked, and everyone laughed.

Tristan stood next and smiled down at the happy couple.  "I believe it's my turn now.  Mary and I had a rough start to our relationship, and before we were even able to become friends I did something stupid and got myself shipped off to military school.  Fortunately, she gave me a second chance a few years ago and became my closest friend.  Much like everyone else, I was skeptical and critical when she began seeing Logan.  I felt protective and convinced that he was just playing her.  Logan, I owe you an apology for that."   Logan nodded at Tristan and they exchanged a look.  "I've never seen her look happier, more at ease, more confident.  She has always been an amazing woman, but being with you has helped her to blossom.  Thank you for that.  My warning from when we met still stands, though."  Logan chuckled and got up to exchange man hugs with Tristan and then moved back next to Rory. 

Dinner was served a few minutes later, and they all visited and shared stories over a delicious meal and more cocktails.  After dinner, the party continued with a decadent dessert, dancing and more cocktails.  Rory looked around here as the night wound down and smiled.  This was the beginning of her happily ever after, and she couldn't wait to see where their path led them as long as Logan was by her side.

******************
A/N: I'm writing the next chapter now. The more comments there are, the quicker it will be up! 😊