Chapter 37

Lorelai pinned the veil in Rory's hair and then stood next to her, both of them studying their reflections in the mirror. Rory's hair was in a simple low chignon and her makeup was light and natural, highlighting her natural beauty.

"You look beautiful, Sweets," Lorelai whispered with teary eyes. Rory smiled and took deep breaths, trying to avoid messing up her makeup by getting too emotional.

"Thanks, Mom. I'm so grateful that you guys are here. I wanted to do it this way - quiet and intimate - but I can't imagine getting married without you and Dad."

"No, that wouldn't work at all," Lorelai agreed. "I mean, who would give you the wedding night "you just have to suck it up and do your wifely duty" talk," she joked, and Rory started laughing.

"I think you can skip the talk, Mom," Rory deadpanned. "I'll manage without your helpful tips."

"Are you sure, Kiddo? I mean, your dad loves it when I -"

"Stop!" Rory yelled and Lorelai started laughing hysterically.

"Maybe your dad needs to have the fatherly talk with Logan then, since his dad isn't here and he likes Chris better anyway? Although I'm not sure your dad could stomach telling Logan how to deflower his baby girl."

"Ew, Mom! Stop it! And that ship has long since sailed, and you know it," Rory shot back, sticking her tongue out at her mom.

Just then there was a knock on the door. Chris stuck his head in the door and took a deep breath when he saw Rory standing there in her wedding dress.

"You look absolutely stunning, Ror," he whispered as he walked toward the two women. "I can't believe I'm about to give my little girl away. Are you sure about this?"

Rory nodded and hugged her dad. "I'm absolutely certain, Dad. I love him more than anything, and I know it's right."

"Then I believe this is for you," Chris said as he pulled a jewelry box out of his pocket.

Rory took the box and opened it to find a beautiful white gold bracelet with blue sapphires. "It's beautiful," Rory whispered.

"Your mom wore that on the day we got married," Chris explained.

"And we'd like for you to wear it on yours," Lorelai added. She took the bracelet out of the box and placed it on Rory's wrist.

"And now, these are from your husband-to-be," Chris said as he produced another box from his pocket.

Rory opened the box and saw the stunning necklace and earring set that matched her engagement and wedding rings. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "I can't believe that he got this for me."

"I can, Sweets. That man adores you," Lorelai replied.

"She's right, I wouldn't give you away to him if he didn't," Chris agreed.

"And you gave him his gift, right?" Rory asked as she put on her new jewelry.

"Yes, he loved his watch. Now, I believe it's time. Are you ready?" Chris asked.

"Wait! Last-minute check," Lorelai interjected. "Something old is your shoes, something new is your dress, something borrowed and blue is the bracelet. Alright, you're good."

"Then yes, I'm ready. Let's go get me married!" Rory exclaimed excitedly.

"I'll see you out there, Kiddo," Lorelai said before excusing herself from the room.

"Last chance to run," Chris offered when he and Rory were alone. "You could stay my baby forever."

"I'll always be your baby, but the only place I'm running is to my groom," Rory giggled.