One: Piece of Cake

You woke up the next morning, the rays of sun barely peeking through the slit between the two curtains. You lifted your head off your pillow with a cracked eye lid, gazing toward the curtain then to your alarm clock.

8:46 AM.

You heaved and dropped your head back into the soft pillow. "I have that stupid interview today..." you complained into the fabric, your voice muffled. "I just want to sleep for one more hour..."

8:50 AM.

The alarm clock rang. After hearing the alarm blare its mini siren into your ear from the bedside table, you gave in and sat up in bed. You clumsily threw your hand around the table, your vision blurry and your head going through a rush. You hit the button on the rectangular block and it was once again silent. You reached up and began rubbing your fingers through your hair. You shimmied on your slippers and lumbered out of bed. You gave a stretch and sighed with relief.

You walked across your hotel room and started yanking a pair of under wear and bra out of the drawer and then headed to the closet to be sure your ironed, decent flannel shirt was still wrinkle free. You would be wearing shorts that day, due to the temperature increase in the past weak. It was going to be at the high of 80 degrees, and you had already asked if the interview required a suit or dress or what not. The interviewer didn't specify and allowed you to make your own choice and it wouldn't effect you.

You headed into the bathroom and prepared for a nice hot shower.

~❤~

You were drying your hair, brushing it out as you went. After your hair had dried enough to clean it up, you began to curl it, and you attempted to avoid the burning of the curling iron, however, burnt the top of your ear, unfortunately. When you finished your hair, you grabbed the hair spray and covered your eyes, spraying your curls down in order to keep them pretty through the day...or at least through the interview. You then began to pull out your make up from the make up bag in a drawer in the sink counter. You applied your foundation, your blush and contrast, then you gave yourself eye shadow and mascara. Eyeliner was the difficult part of your fancy looks, but today seemed to be going your way when you got the wings to work just right.

"Finally, that didn't take long at all....!" You said sarcastically, throwing your make up back into the make up bag. You walked out in your underwear and bra, both matching with lace and black in color. You opened the small closet and pulled out your wearings for the day, then closed the closet. You threw your shorts on easily, then put on a spaghetti string strap tank after. Covering that up, you slid on and buttoned your flannel blue shirt. "Perfect..." you sighed, relieved to finally be done getting dressed. You glanced at the clock, realizing the time. "Shit, I have to go!!"

You rushed over to the bedside, grabbed your keys to your car, the room key to your hotel room, and your wallet. You opened the door and closed it behind you.

~❤~

"Here's today's pay for the room, Mike." You handed the man behind the lobby desk a 20 dollar bill, tucking your wallet back into your pocket.

"You in a rush, (Y/N)? You also look very nice today," Mike commented, putting the money into the register.

"Yeah. Got an interview today for a job as a technician." You nodded and began your way to the door, but heard Mike call out to you. You turned and walked back. "Yeah, what is it? I have to be somewhere so make it quick."

Mike had been an old high school friend, and it was to your surprise when you found out he was working as a lobbyist at the hotel when you first came. Your parents gave you money each week to help pay for the hotel and food you needed, as well as clothes. But soon, you would be making your own money.