Thirty-Two Preview

You watched as the little bunny crawled from your bed and made his way to the stage with glee. He was excited to be with his companion again.

You chuckled and shook your head. You sighed, thinking for a moment. There were still so many thoughts in your head, so many wonders and worries all together in one place. You still wondered how you'd save the others. How was it possible to escape into town with giant, child killing robots at your back? There was no way, not without one of those work vans, you figured. But even then, not all of them can fit into one van, and you couldn't trust anyone else with knowing this secret you've made and lived among for so long. It's almost impossible...it feels impossible. The room's chilling air gave you shivers, and you held the blankets tightly between your fingers in a tight, balled fist. What happens if I fail...?

"Come on, (Y/N)! You're being so slow to get out of bed—again!"

You snapped back to reality when you heard the bunny call to you. You sighed, and told yourself to figure that complicated stuff out later, and you brushed away the goose bumps that caressed your arms. Your hands relaxed, before pushing the bed sheets away. You crawled out of bed, stumbling a little but making your way over to the stage to meet with the little animatronic puppet. "I'm here, sorry," you laughed weakly with a tired tone. "Let me see..." you slowly kneeled beside the bear, looking at his face. You held his chin, but he didn't budge. In this state he had parts of him locked up and immobile. It was likely for the best. You sighed and ran your hand slowly around his cheek, down to his neck and shoulders. Your fingers traveled to the back of his neck, where you hoped to find a small switch.

Bon sat quietly, yet was fidgeting a little with every second that passed. "You think he'll wake up right away?" he asked softly.

You raised an eyebrow. "You're asking me that? You've been here with him and know how he works far more than I do!" You laughed softly.

Bon snorted. "Well yeah but...but maybe I like hearing what you think!" he mumbled and crossed his little arms.

You smiled. "Well I think it'll be fine; he'll wake up and be happy to see us." You felt a plate on the back of his neck, and you moved your fingers around the edges for a small match. That plate was protecting the switch. You felt a small hook, and you pressed against the latch until you heard a hiss and the play snapped off on one side. "There. Now..." you pressed your hand against the power switch, waiting a moment to gather yourself. Your heart was racing suddenly. It felt like it was ready to explode. Was it anxiety? Was it fear? Perhaps it was the fact you were so eager to see and hear his voice again? Either way, you don't stop your hearts rhythm. You flipped the switch.