Thirty: Rest

You heard a loud thud minutes after the disgusting sounds of breaking bones and oozing blood ceased in the dark. You opened your eyes weakly, looking out toward the now fallen Freddy. You gasped weakly and crawled over as fast as you could, nails digging into the floor as your arms pushed you. You questioned your sudden lack of strength, however, believed it was because of the forces before drained you to the point of exhaustion. Your muscles were weak, cramped, tensed, all of the above as you pushed yourself to Freddy's side. You sat on your side, legs curled as you held your upper body with one arm and caressed Freddy's head with the other.

"Freddy?" you called to him softly, trying not to be so loud and worried at the same time. Yet your weak and shaking voice gave away the fear that was hiding in your tone. You gave him a gentle shake, hoping his sensors would realize the presence.

"Freddy...wake up..." you asked again, squinting as tears formed in your eyes. You snorted weakly, and quickly wiped them away. No, no crying. You gritted your teeth and closed your eyes. I won't cry. Because he's not gone. In that time, you began to ponder the moments you've spent alongside him thus far. Had it been a month now? Or less? Or more? You couldn't check the countless days you had spent living under ground with these animatronics, but you knew that you'd been here long enough to connect with them, and some more than others. With Freddy.

You figured he had some sort of attraction to you among everyone, but you weren't sure if it was really...real. He was a robot that could feel and perceive emotion, but love was something so real it seemed impossible for him out of all to have it. You were proven wrong before, when he showed up at your shower door, embarrassed and apologizing. The feelings between you two showing true color as soon as you invited him to join you under the hot water. You never thought you'd go as far as dating a robot bear, but it wasn't just that. He was human somewhere in that metal shell. He was a real human soul trapped in another vessel. It felt...right. He felt right.

Suddenly, you felt his inner facial mechanisms begin to move and twist. His face plates shifted ever so slowly. "F-Freddy?"

Freddy squinted, his wires clicking weakly. His metal eyelids felt heavy and unwilling to lift themselves. He was unsure whether it was right to open his eyes or to keep them shut. He felt so tired, so drained. The darkness surrounding his red orbs was familiar to him, but something else was also familiar. The sound of a soft and worried voice calling out his name was distracting him from the dark he found enjoyment in. He was conflicted with 'waking up' as the voice had said for him to do, yet it was tempting him just so he could see the owner of those words. Finally, after minutes of long, deep thought, he was forced out of that exhausted sleep. He slowly opened his eyes, his vision blurry, making it hard to focus on his surroundings. He shifted his eyes around the unrecognizable room, but finally found your blurry, human form beside him.

You reached beneath and held his head with one hand as you held his cheek with the other. While you were interested in checking his servos to be sure he was working properly, part of you was concerned for his mental stability as well. "Freddy...can you hear me?" you asked worriedly, tilting your head and your curls falling to one side. You looked at his eyes first, realizing they were still that raging red color. However, something told you it was just leftover, and he was still trying to change back.

The metal bear gave a soft, slow nod. He growled weakly as he tried to sit up off the floor. He whimpered a little and his arms shook heavily.

You gasped weakly and moved a protective hand against to his chest. "N-Not yet...hold on..." you told him. "You fell really hard...wait a few more minutes before you get up." You slowly laid him back against the floor. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. "Thank goodness you're still working...can you talk...?"