Forty-Nine: Some Trust Required

Foxy growled under his breath as he squinted. "I can't see myself trusting that damn kid," he snarled softly in denial, but hearing the Ballerina humming doubtfully made him question her. "What? You gonna lecture me again about cussin'?!" he scowled as he turned to face her.

Ballora scoffed at him, invisibly rolling her eyes as she crossed her arms. His gaze wasn't even threatening, and his height didn't help him, either. She decided to ignore it this once and sighed quietly. "I don't trust him as much as you do, but if Baby believes this is a good idea, we have no right to disregard her judgment," she scolded him at last. She sighed weakly as she looked around the room, "We have lived in sorrow and guilt long enough. If this is the right way to a new life, I think we should follow their lead. We have to believe in (Y/N), too," she muttered to the fox beside her, who's tense frame grew more visible with each word.

Foxy gritted his metal teeth, squinting as he threw his arms outward in disagreement. "There has to be some other way?! He nearly got her killed because of his stupidity and negligence!" he barked, pointing a finger toward you. "He's to blame for her injury, even!" His words hissed between his teeth like steam from pipes.

Ballora raised an eyebrow, a surprised expression visible even in the darkness. "Does that mean you care about her more than you let on? What was that before about you 'barely trusting her'? Perhaps it was a lie," she hummed and chuckled, knowing well she had the upper hand against the not-so-sly animatronic fox, though her soft laughter faded as he reminded her of your almost deadly interaction with Freddy. Foxy was right, she thought since the boy was technically at fault for getting into trouble. She hummed softly, thankful you were as courageous as you were to protect a foolish stranger. 

Foxy gasped quietly under his breath, scoffing once more at the assumption she made. "Wh-Why—! N-No! I'm just pointing out the facts!" he defended, balling his metal fists as he stomped the floor. He squinted and looked away. "Dammit—I swear that kid is—!"

"It's not like he knew," you chimed, feeling obligated to pitch your tongue to the conversation. You had a small grin on your face, somewhat appreciating the supposedly "family friendly fox" being secretly sincere and worried about you. However, it wasn't the time to be mushy and soft, but stern and direct about their next move.

You cleared your throat, and your smile faded. "He knew nothing about this place; he knew nothing about you guys; he knew nothing about the crimes being committed beneath the surface of a happy-go-lucky kid's themed restaurant." You shook your head as you held your hip, grasping your ideas in your head as you spoke. "If he knew, none of this would of happened, that's true, and we likely could trust him a lot more, but for now, we have to believe he can help us even a tiny bit with our current situation." You looked to Freddy, who's ears lowered when he saw your gaze, "He's the only one Freddy told the truth to, so he is vital to the plan without a doubt. Even then, he spoke to you—" she mentioned as she looked to Ballora.

Freddy hiccuped, feeling out on the spot in front of you and his friends. "I-I...I mean, yes, that's true, I told him." Though, he definitely told him more than just the truth. He'd threaten him, told him to never come back.

He likely wouldn't if he had listened. So much for help.

He whimpered quietly as he twiddled his fingers together. "Th-That part is more true that anything, but what if he does the opposite? What if he tells on us?" Freddy couldn't bring himself to openly admit his threat to John, though if he did speak with Ballora, maybe it wasn't too late to have his hand in the matter.

You looked to the side, knowing that was a viable option for John if he wanted. However, after seeing the robots and knowing their darkest secrets lurk above ground under smiling faces, would he think twice to tell someone? You bit your lip, thinking hard on whether to keep up your persuasion to the others. Baby already gave you permission. What reason was there not to believe in her and follow through? "Look, it sounds dumb to trust that kid after what happened, but he was also a nice guy—"