Twenty Two: We Meet Again

It didn't take much to explain to the day shift about the child that fell victim to Freddy's uncontrollable programming. Sure, it was a small lie, but it did the job. Besides, no one else could know the truth. Not yet.

You ended up telling John and a few others that the kid had been playing too roughly around some tables, ended up hitting his head on one, and going unconscious. Quickly, his parents were called over, well assured at the least, and had them send their kid to a nearby medical center for his minor head injury. Circus Baby's was likely to receive a rather unhappy letter later, in your judgement.

You had sat on the side lines watching the scene, and you didn't dare make your yourself presentable either. Leaning against the wall, you sighed softly, closing your eyes with relief. At least he isn't dead... you told yourself positively. You were pretty surprised, recalling the incident. Freddy, with his cold hard stare and dark eyes, wasn't in the mood for the intrusion; yet, you managed to break him from his forceful trance and save a child's life. How many can say they've done that in their lives?

You hummed and took a breath. You listened to the front doors of the pizzeria close again, and finally, looked up. The children around were playing, which was expected of them. You saw parents chatting away at tables once more, no longer minding any one else, or even their kids. Everything was back to normal, or so it had always been normal. The accident never happened.

You sighed and stood straight. You took a soft breath and looked back toward the closed off party room. You decided to go check up on Freddy, to be sure he wasn't causing harm to himself. You slowly walked along the wall, avoiding the dining area all together this time. You watched carefully, hoping there weren't any straggling eyes watching you. Luckily, you looked like any other normal and weird employee at Circus Baby's, so no one found an interest in you.

With ease, you made it to the party room door, waiting outside to think before going in. He's probably going to be real emotional, so I should comfort him. That stuff really does mess his mind up after all; plus, he's my friend. I should be there for him. After discussing your plan with the voice in your head, you took a soft breath and nodded. You held the door knob carefully, giving it a gentle twist.

Freddy scowled at his puppet. "You have been nothing but a bother lately!"

Bon only snorted and crossed his arms. "I'm just trying to help you get with her, Freddy! You're being too shy, and everyone knows you're like her by the google eyes that you give her whenever she walks by!"

Freddy huffed and snorted. "Do not!"

"Do to!"

"Do not!"

"Hey, Fred, you okay in here?"

Freddy's ears perked up and that light and familiar blush covered his cheeks. "O-Oh, (Y/N)! I didn't hear you come in!" He giggled weakly, looking your direction.

His hand puppet scoffed and crossed his little arms. He rolled his eyes and mumbled. If he won't do it, I'll just have to do it myself. Soon...soon...

"Y-Yeah...sorry, I should have said something as soon as I walked in, but I didn't mean to scare you if I did." You nodded and looked to the bunny, your eyebrow raised. "What's his—"

Freddy waved his hand, interrupting you. "N-No need to be sorry! It's all okay!" He smiled widely and nodded, hoping his disruption got your attention away from the pouting puppet.

You nodded slowly and crossed your arms comfortably. "Yeah, I know what happened was uh...was rather hard to handle." You nodded weakly and looked down. "I'm glad everything's okay though, especially you..."