Twenty-Two Preview

It didn't take much to explain to the day shift about the child that fell victim to Freddy's uncontrollable programming. Sure, it was a small lie, but it did the job. Besides, no one else could know the truth. Not yet.

You ended up telling John and a few others that the kid had been playing too roughly around some tables, ended up hitting his head on one, and going unconscious. Quickly, his parents were called over, well assured at the least, and had them send their kid to a nearby medical center for his minor head injury. Circus Baby's was likely to receive a rather unhappy letter later, in your judgement. But what else can the company do?

You had sat on the side lines watching the scene, and you didn't dare make yourself presentable either. Leaning against the wall, you sighed softly, closing your eyes slowly with relief. At least he isn't dead... you told yourself positively. You were pretty surprised yourself, recalling the incident. Freddy, with his cold hard stare and dark eyes, wasn't in the mood for the intrusion, yet you managed to break him from his forceful trance and save a child's life. How many can say they've done that in their lives?

You hummed and took a breath. You listened to the front doors of the pizzeria close again, and finally, you decided to look up again. The children around were playing as usual, which was expected of them. You saw parents chatting away at tables once more, no longer minding any one else, or even their kids. You sighed and stood straight.

You decided to go see Freddy.