Twenty-Three Preview 2

You mumbled softly to yourself in utter confusion. You held your arm as you looked toward the breaker room, a sense of worry showing from the goose bumps on your skin.

Or was it fear?

You shuddered, then shook off your instinct's attempt to scare you. You sighed and started to the breaker room quietly and carefully. You stopped at the big metal door. With a deep breath, you gave it a knock. "Freddy? I'm back. You okay?" After a moment, there wasn't a complete answer, but a little giggle. You raised an eyebrow and hummed. "Freddy...?" You gently opened the door, peeking in at first, to be sure, then opened it fully. The room wasn't very lit anymore, like the lights they put up for you had gone out. You held you chin. You stared for a minute at them, thinking and analyzing unconsciously. Those lights aren't out. They were turned off. Maybe by mistake? No, not mistake.

You heard a maniacal giggle in the back of the room. You looked toward the darker area, where the flying sparks never reached. You swallowed and whimpered softly. "Freddy?" Something wasn't right obviously. Like a horror movie, the bad guy lurked in the dark.

But Freddy doesn't mean to be the bad guy....