Chapter 9 ✅

Percy was once again ready for another one of Aphrodite's weekly checkups. He had no idea what she saw whenever she waved her hand over his stomach, but her smile was always a good sign that showed nothing was wrong.

He always was asked to lift up his shirt when laying on Annabeth's bed. Then Aphrodite would ask him a few questions, like how he was feeling and if he was feeling any pain. If so she would gave him an herb to help. That went on until he reached his 19 week mark. Which is today. When he walked into the cabin, he instantly felt light movement.

He looked at Aphrodite, who was already there waiting for him. She was busy mixing some concoction, and only when Percy tapped on her shoulder she turned around startled.

"Percy! My word boy, you're as light on your feet as the water you're father make move through the sea." She breathed deeply and sighed.

Percy overtime forgave Aphrodite for what she did, realizing that she was saving him and soon he began to see her as somewhat of a grandmotherly figure. She would constantly bicker at him and spoil him like a grandmother would. He guessed that she just looked young and that close up you could see that old soul she carried within her eyes.

"Sorry." Percy smiles small.

"Well never mind that hop up on the bed." He did as told lifting up his oversized sweatshirt before she even asked.

"Well Percy, are you ready?" She asked, turning around hand hovering above the exposed skin.

"Sure." He said flatly.

Percy didn't like coming for checkups, each one meant the possibility of finding out if the baby is going to be okay and him emotionally coming attach to the unborn child.

He felt the oddly warm feeling of her power slip over his stomach. As this happened, Percy had to contain himself from swatting her hand away. Over the last few months, Percy had become more protective of his bump. For example, he practically hissed at anyone who touched it and swatted their hands away if they did.

"Percy?" Came the voice of the goddess.

"Yeah?" He asked, lifting his head to meet her eyes.

"Would you like to know the gender?" Percy paused.

He really hadn't concerned himself with this before, but now suddenly it seemed like that's the only thing that matters at the moment.

"Ye-yeah." He stuttered out, nodding slowly.

She smiles softly and closed her eyes, while Percy studied her closely.

"Well, it would appear that you're going to have to buy blue clothes, because you're having a boy!" Percy choked up as a little tear slipped from his eye. He looks down at his exposed stomach and gently placed his hand on it and as if on cue the baby moves lightly under his 'mother's' hand.

Aphrodite picked up Percy into a sitting position and held him as he sobbed away on her shoulder. He wasn't exactly sad, but something inside of him needed to let go of all this tension. He pulled away from her when he was done. Both just smiled at each other until there was a knock at the door. Aphrodite stood up and walked over to the closed door. She opened it instantly exposing familiar satyr and the rest of the demigods standing before them.

They all gather into the cabin and around Percy, beginning a long group hug session. In that moment Percy never felt more at home than ever. He had people who loved him and a bundle of joy on the way. Percy might have been the son of Poseidon and a kid that just thinks he's a loser before, but now he has family which thinks he'll be a great parent.