Chapter 10 ✅

Percy sat in a comfy chair away from the bonfire, hand placed protectively over his now almost to term belly which looked to small to beleave he's eight months. Which took up the expanse of his t-shirt. He couldn't necessarily walk on his own now. He needed help from the others every time he tried to go somewhere. You'd think he could just make a trident out of water and use it to help him, but Aphrodite had said to not use a lot of powers for the health of the baby. So he had to spend the last of his pregnancy on not splashing water on Grover when he's being annoying. Aphrodite had said she wouldn't of said that if it wasn't important.

He felt his son kick almost rhythmically to the taps of his fingers that's placed softly below his belly bottom over his shirt. Then he finally noticed Nico who had been watching him for probably some time now. His facial expression was hard to pin down as he watched from across the fire. Nico sighed, standing up walking over to the pregnant male.

"How are you feeling?" Nico asked, sitting down beside Percy.

"Like a whale to be honest." He laughed a little "But it's all for a good cause."

The little area between the two remain silent for a while as both watched the light from the fire dance. Nico looked at Percy who protectively had his arms around his belly, which now looked like he had swallowed a small watermelon. Nico once wondered what having kids was like. He also would want to be a father too one day. To have a lover, and share in the joy of caring for a child. He promised to stay as close as possible to Percy to make sure everything was okay, but really he was just so curious. Over the past months he had seen a whole new chapter in the book of Percy Jackson the son of Poseidon, emotions ranging from all angles.

He recalled earlier in the pregnancy, Percy needed to be around water. The two teenagers would sneak out at night to the dock and mess with the water. He remembers deciding to start living with the handsome boy so he can keep watch of him 24/7.

Percy didn't even want to think about the cravings. He was shy about his cravings first, casually eating strange things in front of everyone. Then there was the one day Grover went back to his table after getting a drink when his pickles were gone and mash in with Percy's ice cream. Everyone made sure all his food has some water with it, being scared that Percy might do something if not. Except for a food that has water already with it.

Mood swings were the worst of them all. It almost would seem he had three settings. Happy, angry, and sad. Needless to say all demigods in the camp had to be very careful with what they said around Percy. During a celebration someone mentioned mother and Percy burst out crying. He sobbed over his mother for an hour or when someone questioned his eating habits. He would splash water at them and repeatedly make high waves in the lake. In most cases he would usually go straight to his cabin and avoid everyone for the rest of the day. But when Aphrodite told him he couldn't use his water powers all the time he had trouble walking it relieved the camp to no extent.

Now the son of Poseidon is close to his last month and Nico could see worry right through Percy's eyes. He snapped back to reality when he noticed Percy staring right back at him.

"D-do you wanna feel him?" He asked, timid.

"Uh...of course." Nico reached out, and placed a hand on his friend's swollen stomach.

The baby kicked his hand softly at first, but began a tantrum of kicks. Percy cringed a little at the sudden movement.

"Oh! Are you ok?" Nico snatched back his hand, thinking he was hurting him.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. He just really likes you." He took his hand and placed it back on top of his confusingly small stomach.

"Have you thought of any names?" Nico asked.