Chapter 11 ✅

The half bloods slept soundly that night, all except one. While the others had nice and peaceful dreams, Percy had to endure wave after wave of insane nightmares. He shook in his sheets, gripping his pillow like a lifeline. He occasionally would turn and toss and eventually threw off his blankets. The blankets landed on Grover who woke up startled. He thought it was just Tyson messing around again, so he assumed nothing of it and went back to sleep. But was woken up again by the sound of quiet sobbing. If anyone knew Grover, they'd know he could not just simply ignore sobbing.

Grover look over at the bed to see nothing but darkness. He stood up and bumped up against what he thought was the wall and groped for the light switch. The switch brushed against his hand as he frantically flicked it on. The dim light flickered waking up two of the sleeping demigods.

"Hey? What's with the wakeup call." Mumbled Annabeth sitting.

Tyson say up mumbling out some gibberish about him thinking it was morning and needing to go eat breakfast.

"Do you hear that?" Grover questioned as he looked at them.

"Someone's crying." Tyson looked around his eye caught on Percy who was still shaking. The other demigods looked confused until they followed his eye to where Percy slept.

"Percy!" Gasped Annabeth.

Tyson ran over and lifted the pillow Percy had put over his face. He gazed at his face it was scrunched up into a frown with Nico cuddling up to him. Everyone not surprised he didn't wake up. Annabeth came over and check the baby to see if he's alright by placing a hand under Percy's shirt and feeling him kick gently against her palm.

"The baby's fine, but Percy." She looked at his face sadly.

"Wait, it looks like he's having a nightmare." Tyson commented.

Tyson somewhat awkwardly poked his shoulder to wake him up. Then he shook his shoulder a little when it didn't work.

"We might have a problem here. If Percy doesn't wake up, Hades might come and take this opportunity to torment him further or even worse; when he's awake."Annabeth said.

"Oh! I have an idea!" Tyson came close to Percy's ear and took in a deep breath. "Wake u-!" He was pulled away by Annabeth with a hand over his mouth.

"What are you doing!? Do you want to make the poor kid deaf?" Tyson shrugged his shoulders as Annabeth let him go.

They all looked at each other for a while before Tyson perked up.

"Maybe Nico knows what to do? His dad is Hades after all." He walks over to Nico and shook frantically at his shoulder with little to no effect.

Nico just twitched a little. Tyson shifted his eye to Nico's blanket and without pause he pulled it off with great force. Nico grimaced and woke to the new coldness he felt. He blinked and found everyone staring him down. "What?"

"Nico we need you to wake up Percy. He's stuck sleeping." Tyson pushed him over towards Percy. Nico blinked at the coma-like teen's sleep. He turned to them and furrows his eyebrows. He looks back at Percy and wave his hand over Percy's face.

Time passed and Percy didn't wake up. Nico's eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Well, guys I can't wake him up." Nico looks at his friends.

"What do you mean you can't wake him up!?" Grover took Nico's shoulder and shook them.

"Calm down Grover. He's only supposed to know how to bring the dead back and make people dead, not making people wake up." Annabeth stated, shoving Grover off of Nico.

"I know! I know! But if Percy is having a nightmare, Hades would love to take this situation and make it worse." He walked up to Percy and pulled up the covers over his shaking frame. The best they could do was try to comfort him and help him ride the night terror out as soon as possible.

Annabeth came up and patted his head as she sang a lullaby, like she would when one of her friends experienced a nightmare. It was sweet long and a tune that sounded ancient. The words almost sounded like an old forgotten language as she spoke them. Annabeth continued this act while Tyson and Grover stood guard. In time Percy whimpers were reduced to hiccupped breaths and the shaking became minimal. Yet this did not ease the demigods. They eventually decided to stare up waiting for any signs of Nico's father.

Percy was almost fully at rest again, when he began to violently shake again. Nico jumped at the sudden change and stopped Annabeth's lullaby to frantically look around. The room seemed to be morphing slightly as a dark ink like substance creped over the walls and bordered the satyr and demigods. They all posed in fighting stances around Percy's bed, except Nico who stayed glued to Percy's side and was trying his best to calm him down. His calming was all in vain, Percy's shaking made him toss and turn, he gripped his own body as if to that would protect him further.

There was silence, but only for a moment. A eerie cackle broke through the silence.

"Hades! Show yourself!" Grover yelled, as if he had been waiting for any reaction.

Hades morphed out of the darkness. He made eye contact with each half blood, then he set his eyes on Percy.

"Now what's all the fuss about? I just popped in to say hello to you and give my best wishes to the expecting mother." He gestured to Percy.

"We know exactly what you want Hades." Annabeth coldly replied

"I don't know what you're talking about. I simply want to give this child a safe nursery to be raised in."

"Safe? With you!? Hades in what world do you think that I would give him or the child to you?" The protector shift closer to Percy.

"Fine, fine I can see when I'm not wanted, but before I leave I'll make you a deal. You can hand Percy over to me or I can demolish this pathetic excuse for a camp with all of you inside!" He sneered.

"We would never give you Percy and we will defend him and put the camp against you till the very end. What threat do you even pose to use anyways." Annabeth reared at Hades who only crack a smile.

"Oh you poor fool, don't you see? Every evil thing you can think of fills my powers, and an evil thing is nightmares. A god serves just as well as a million and Percy over there doesn't seem to be sleeping quite well. Is he?" At this Nico frantically tried to wake Percy up.

"We can still beat you. You're not a threat to us so long as I can help it." Annabeth stamped her foot on the floor.

"Well, then let's just see if you can." Hades disappeared into nothingness as darkness fills the room. The half bloods ran outside of the cabin and waited for Hades revenge. They were troubled after fifteen minutes of no activity, but when a loud scream was heard they knew Hades tricked them. The demigods bolted back into the cabin and found Nico only in shock.