Chapter 12 ✅

It was black when Percy opened his eyes. He looked for any possible light but it seemed to be blocked out by an invisible force. He shifted his body into a fetal position while still lying on his side. Percy reached out and pressed a hand to the floor it was cold and metallic. His body moved upright still sitting on the metal floor. Laying his hand on the floor, his hand followed the wall searching for a light switch. To Percy's surprise, his hand was met with another cold surface. This one felt as though it was bars that were equally as cold as the floor.

Daringly, Percy pushed his fingers through the bars. His pale digits were met with nothing but air, but from afar he sees a glimpse of light as a thick fabric grips from the ceiling only a few feet away from his cell. Just as Percy started reaching out for the fabric, he stops himself when the sound of soft footsteps approach

He quickly retracted his hand and tried to remain as quiet as possible. The footsteps grew louder as they reached his location, causing Percy's heartbeat to quicken. Soon the steps stopped right next to his cell. He heard the figure grip the cloth and swing it open effortlessly. Light then flooded Percy's eyes, preventing him from getting a good look at his captor. But as soon as they adjusted to the figure, his eyes were filled with nothing but rage.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." The god greeted smugly, to which Percy gave no reply but a sharp glare.

"Giving the silent treatment? Then I guess I can just cover you up and-" He was interrupted by Percy.

"Wait." He said, quietly but forceful.

"So I'm guessing you want some answer then?" Hades gave a dry smile.

"Did you hurt him?" He asked, shortly.

"Oh, you mean your child. Yes, he's completely safe."

"And the rest?"

"The rest? What do you mean by the rest?" The devil himself asked, sarcastically.

"You know damn well, what I mean by that." Percy growled, and gripped the bars.

"Easy now Percy, have you forgotten your condition?" Hades faced Percy again grinning from ear to ear.

Percy huffed and sank back down.

"The rest of your friends are safe as well. Now will there be any more questions, I am a very busy man you know." He was about to walk away, but stopped when Percy question him.

"Why?" He asked, still glaring.

"Why, what?" Hades turned around and looked at him

"Why am I here?"

"Well I guess you can say I've always been somewhat of a family man." He gave one last smug look then turned away, chuckling as he left.

Percy slumped back to a sitting position, rage boiled deep within him. Yet, he felt so vulnerable and powerless. Without his being able to use his powers, what chance did he have of getting out of the cage.

He rose his head to view his surroundings. His cage was big, big enough to stand in. But not enough space to fully extend his limbs. It was a faded bronze, and had signs of tarnish beginning to form around the seams. The room itself looked to be made of a dark bricks, but had bits of red things here and there. It kind of had a vampire kind of look that washed out the whole room. His cage was placed dead center against a wall that was completely rectangular in shape. The only other items placed on the other side of the room is a wooden chair position neatly beside a wall and a small table next to it. It had one door that faced right in front of Percy, and one very small window to the left of him that let in the scenery of the underworld.