4 (The Date)

"You got me sick," Emily says pushing Hotch away.

"Okay, well I really am sorry. However you made me take this nasty stuff, so you need to take some now." He pushes the horrid orange liquid back towards her.

"I'll be fine," she says wrapping her arms tightly around the pillow on her face.

"Okay, but I'm taking absolutely no pitty on you in an hour when you only feel worse."

Sure. That's what everyone says. Absolutely no pitty. Sure.

AN HOUR LATER

"It's alright," he soothes pushing her bangs back. "Come on, you should go to bed. It'll be warmer."

However there's no way Emily Prentiss is getting up the stairs that lead to her room.

"I-I can't." Emily whimpers, surprising herself and Hotch, gripping Hotch's arms.

"Okay." He breathes out," I'll carry you."

"Hotch-"

He scoops her up with surprising ease," you really need to gain some weight."

She rest her head on his shoulder and takes comfort in his strange smell.

"Old Spice," he says grinning at the way she moves closer into him.

"It's nice," she says gripping his sweatshirt.

"Thank you."

He manages to kick her door open without causing them to fall backwards.

Upon laying her down he finds that she's been crying.

"Why are you crying?" He asks softly brushing a pieces of her hair back.

"You should be with Jack." She hides her body under the covers, sniffling and wiping away tears.

"Why should I be with Jack?" He asks surprised at her reaction.

"Well... who else is he gonna be with?" She asks peeking from under the covers.

"He's with Jessica," Hotch tucks the blanket around Emily. "She took him to the library to look for some more bed time stories."

She hides her head away from him," now I just seem like I'm PMSing."

"I'm not judging." He grins at her.

"Are you just gonna stare at me or are you gonna lay down?"

"Alright." He lays down on the side of the bed and Emily lays on her side facing him.

"I don't bite," she mumbles falling alseep.

"I know," he whispers watching her curl up under the blankets. "I know."