16 (Shoot the Girl)

I'm pretty sure I got Hotch's ticks and Emily's ticks down. Then again maybe I've just seen JJ's wedding way to many times. But can you blame me??? Honestly, I think her wedding is the best Criminal Minds scene ever.

Plus I mean THAT HOTCHNISS SCENE!!!
Three brunette women, all found dead within twenty four hours of their reported disappearances.

"I can't let you go out there," Hotch says sternly.

Emily's eyes shoot back the same burning stubbornness that Hotch is giving off. "We can't afford to not send me out."

Hotch turns away, his fist clench his crutches so tight his knuckles are white," Emily. They're you. Every victim looks almost exactly like you. The others can manage a take down without you."

Emily stands up, and approached Hotch slowly," I understand you're worried." She comes around his side and stands right in front of him," but I'll be fine." He slowly turns his head to look at her and she smiles," okay? They'll look after me."

He nods," fine. I'm coming too."

She moves quickly and without thinking puts a hand on his chest, halting his movement," you can't."

He pushes against her hand and she moves," I can and I will."

As they walk out of the Police Building Morgan sighs and hands Rossi a five," how are you always so good at this?"

Rossi gives his signature cocky smirk and a little wink," I'm just that good."

Morgan shakes his head and repockets his wallet. "What are you doing Hotch?"

Hotch, who up to that point had managed to make himself invisible, stops mid-stride," well this is a case. I'm the Unit Cheif. We're about to go stop a man from killing more women. I'm coming with you, like I have with every other case we've ever taken."

Emily storms past all of them, even JJ who tries to catch her arm," no! Just let him go!" She glares at each of them," just let him go. He's doing it to himself. He's so bent on going, let him."

Everyone's silent. What do you say to that?

"I'm not going in for the raid," Hotch says, finally breaking through the silence.

"Oh that was established." Rossi says from behind the wheel.

Hotch rolls his eyes and Emily continues to scowl out the window.

"I don't need a babysitter," Emily says scowling once again at both Hotch and Morgan.

It would have all been alot simpler if only she didn't look exactly like this dirt bags type.

"Pretty girl," the UNSUB sneers and it's like she's been kidnapped by the Man all over again. "Do you just pick these girls out of catalogues?"

Emily stands perfectly still as the UNSUB pushes his gun against her head.

"Put the gun down."

"Drop it."

One of the most important lessons you learn in the academy is in hostage situations. Never, ever, yell at someone with a gun.

"I don't think I will."

Nothing truly prepares you to see your own team, your own friend with a gun to his/her head.

"I think I might take her with me."

Hotch watches from outside, binoculars raised to his eyes, and crutches long forgotten.

You have to talk clear and strong. But never yell.

Shoot me. She mouths and Reid's eyes widen.

"Reid," Morgan whispers. "Reid. What'd she say?"

Reid moves his gun, to the side, so he's pointing at Emily's shoulder and above the UNSUB'S heart.

"To shoot her," he whispers and his minds flashes back to when Hotch was teaching him to shoot.

"You can't shoot-"

"We have too."

And it's true. They do. It scares the hell out of everyone but the UNSUB drops dead and Emily just moans in pain.

"She told you..to shoot her?" Hotch asks again for what had to be the hundredth time.

"Yes, sir."

Morgan keeps pacing and shakes his head," she's gonna be fine."

Rossi watches as one of Hotch's many ticks shows very evident as Hotch grinds his teeth.

"I'm going to go see her." Now even though no one gave them the go-ahead to see Emily, how many people are actually capable of stopping a hell-bent Aaron Hotchner?

"Emily Prentiss. Where is she?"

"She's still on ICU, sir. She's just been-"

He doesn't wait any longer. Limping or not he gets where he needs to be.

Her hands are ice cold but her vitals are strong.

"It's okay Emily," he sinks into the chair beside her bed. "I'm right here."

Did I mention just how much I love JJ's wedding??