10 (Kidnapped)

Emily follows closely behind Hotch. Academy lessons ring in her head as they move.

"Greetings," two hands push Emily to the ground and she lands with a thud.

"Hotc-aaaaah!" Hands clamp over her mouth and a loud thump is the only other sound through out the cabin.

The hand leaves her mouth and she finds her hands immobile. "H-Hotch?"

"He's out, Princess. I don't think he'll be joining us for a while," sneers a man she can't see.

A face drops into her line of vision," night night."

******************************

"Emily. Emily." Hotch's head pounds with a feroisty that makes everything he sees pulse. "Emily, please wake up."

"Hotch?" Comes her weak reply.

"Thank God," he moves his hand just enough to grab hers. "Tell me I'm holding your hand."

"You are," she whispers. "Why can't I see?"

Hotch lets go of her hand," uh...blindfolds. I got mine off but it comes with the costly affects of a headache."

Hotch readjust himself on his chair," I don't know where we are but I do know that wherever we are we're tied back to back in the middle of this room."

"At least we're together," she says and he jumps as her hand brushes his. "We need to stay that way."

He closes his hand over hers," we will."

"Hello! Hello! Hello!" Emily jumps and Hotch holds her hand tighter. "How are we doing?" A man, one that looks vaguely familiar, walks in and right to them.

Hotch can feel Emily's shoulders shaking against his. "Lively." Comes Hotch's deadpanned remark.

"Ooooowhoooowhoo! I like this one!" The man says with a loud hoot," it's a shame we've decided he's bait."

Emily pulls on the ropes and Hotch squeezes her hand again.

"Bait?"

The man advances towards them," yeah, bait. We have two Fed's. You don't think we know that? We're gonna use you to our advantage."

The man moves in front of Hotch," I'm sorry too. You know that you'll be the one that dies. It's just that that pretty little lady behind you is gonna look a hell of a lot better on screen than you."

Hotch takes in a silent breath and with all the force his body can muster he brings his head down against the other man's.

A spike of pain shoots through him but the groan that comes from the man makes it worth the pain.

"Oh he's dead," the man grunts as he stands and pulls a gun out. All the men, who Hotch had missed up to that point, jump on the man.

"Don't worry, idiots." The man pushes them all off, despite the man being much smaller. "I'm not gonna kill him."

The man raises the gun and shoots Hotch's leg.

"Chew on that bastard!" The man sneers happily. "Come on idiots."

Emily squeezes at Hotch's now limp and sweaty hands," Hotch?Hotch?" She can feel Hotch writhing through the pain, but somehow he never utters a sound.

"I-I'm fine," he gasp. His hands clench and unclench as he works through the pain. "I'm fine."

She can feel his body lean back and breathlessly asks," have you still got your blindfold on?"

His voice floats through the thick haze which spells a horrible concussion.

"Yes."

"Promise me you won't take it off. Don't say a word."

"I can't promise-"

This time his voice falters on emotional," Emily. Promise me."

"I promise."

He leans away, she can feel his body heat leave," good."