10:First "date"

Summer is now upon us. The Host club, still hasn't separated. We were all talking, Kaoru and Hikaru were sitting at a different table, no idea why.

Haruhi was talking to an old middle school friend who used to have a crush on her. Hikaru got mad and left with Kaoru following. I didn't really pay attention, not caring about the reason why Hikaru was so mad. Then Kaoru came back and apologized as Hikaru. Hikaru must be really mad if Kaoru had to come apologize.

After everything goes back to normal Kaoru asks Haruhi out on a date. Aww, how sweet. I go with Haruhi to help her get ready but she ends up getting sick.

"You should go and tell him I won't make it" I agree and go meet up with Kaoru, only it was Hikaru.

"I thought Kaoru was supposed to be going with Haruhi?"

"He said he wasn't feeling well so he told me to come instead. And what are you doing here?"

"Haruhi got sick last second so she asked me to come tell you"

"I see"

"Hey, why don't we just go for a walk around town? Since both of the people we always hang out with are sick"

"Sure"

We walk around town, and I'm thinking about what Kaoru did. I know he's not sick, he actually told me his plan which was pretty smart, it would've worked. He wanted Haruhi to help Hikaru with social situations.

"Why don't we get some ice cream?" I ask.

We walk up to an ice cream stand. Tamaki gives me some ice cream. Why is he here? I ignore it and ask Hikaru if he wants some. He has a lick of the ice cream and agrees with me that it's really good. I ignore the freaking out Tamaki in the stall and we continue our walk.

"It looks like it's gonna start raining. Maybe we should head back" I say after finishing my ice cream.

"No, we should be fine"

We continue walking, only to get stuck in the rain. A little ways ahead we find a church and decide to seek shelter inside it. We sit in a set of pews, waiting out the thunder storm.

My eyes widen in shock. "Oh no"

Hikaru looks at me, "what? Are you afraid or something"

"No but Haruhi is. I hope she's ok"

We sit in silence until he brings up something. "What are you afraid of?" He looks at me, I don't answer.

"C'mon, you can tell me"

I mumble something but he doesn't hear me and asks me to say it again. "I'm afraid of people leaving me!" I yell in his face then curl up into a ball.

He looks at me, I can see him looking sad in the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry, I didn't think-"

"No. It's my fault. I'm the one with the fear"

I bury my head in my arms, my legs up to my chest. I feel a weight on my side. I look up to find Hikaru trying to hug me. "Don't worry. The Host club is always there for each other"

I smile and hug him back, uncurling myself from the ball. He tenses up but continues to hug me. "Thank you" I whisper in his ear.

The storm stops and we walk back. I tell Haruhi what Kaoru was actually planning, she seems a little mad but is ok since it is the Host club after all.