Chapter 20

When: October 2015

Where: U.S for the OTRA tour

(A/N I know this isn't the actual timeframe for the tour, but it's a fictional story- the tour ends in early October)

*Louis' POV*

Mel's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I know she is very eager to get her dress done. We are headed to her house since we just finished the tour. I know this is going to be our last tour, but that's okay. We will all still be in relatively the same area, we will always be best friends. These boys have become my family over the past five years.

As we arrive, her family is waiting for us in her driveway. We will be staying here until her birthday is over, then headed back to London to our place. I got the ring from the shop a little over a month ago (I believe). For her birthday, I am going to propose to her. I want to take her down to the beach in her town. We get settled in, and Mr. Davis pulls me into his room. "Have you proposed yet?"

"No. I'm planning on doing that for her birthday gift. I would love for you, Mrs. Davis, and Erin to be there. I know it will mean a lot to her if you are there"

"Sure Louis, anything you need- just ask. I'm here to help" he smiles. I ask to speak to his wife, since I haven't had much of an opportunity to talk to her.

"Hello, Mrs. Davis"

"Hello Louis. Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" she asks.

"Not particularly, I just wanted to make sure you were okay with me proposing to Melanie on her birthday"

"Of course Louis. You make her the happiest I have ever seen her. In all seriousness, I haven't seen her this happy- I don't think ever. Thank you"

We walk out of the room and both head downstairs. "Mrs. Davis, would you like some help cooking dinner?" I ask.

"Sure, if you don't mind"

"Not at all. I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to"

I help Mrs. Davis cook up some teriyaki chicken and fried rice. During the meal, we all sit in the living room around a small table. The meal is full of smiles and laughter from everyone. Eventually, we started talking about what's next. We all know that this is the last of One Direction. Well, as a group. Of course we are all still going to be friends, but we won't be performing together anymore. This sort of brings down the mood a little, so I try to lighten the mood, "Hey, remember when we first met Mel and she tripped over a cord backstage?"

"Yeah- that's when we discovered how clumsy she actually is" Niall laughed.

"Hey! It's not my fault the cord was in my path- not to mention, it was a black cord on a black floor" she retorted.

"Doesn't mean the bright orange duct tape around it wasn't obvious" Liam chuckles

She glares at Liam. We all started laughing again. This is what I love, that all of us (and Erin) can just sit around a table and laugh.

"Oh you missed it. Before she met you guys, she tripped on an uneven sidewalk and broke her wrist (A/N actually true. I did this)" Erin laughs

"YOU PROMISED YOU'D NEVER TELL THEM THAT STORY YOU BRAT" Mel laughs and chases Erin around the room. Soon enough though, she trips over a dog bone.

"My point exactly" Erin says.

"So, who is going dress shopping with me tomorrow?" Mel asks.

I look over at Liam, since this is what I asked him to do for me back in June. He and Erin both offer to go with her. Erin is in charge of getting Mel's dress size, I'll have to talk to her about that, she'll tell Liam, who will then make her try on a wedding dress she likes for 'size'.