Chapter 16

**Mel's POV**

We decide to wait at Louis' mum's house until the party is over. It wouldn't have done any good to go back to the party and come back an hour later.

We call Zayn and tell him to come over to Louis' to get Perrie. As he arrives, I ask Perrie, "Are you going to tell him tonight?"

"Of course. I actually want you to be there, so I might do it before we leave" she explains.

I'm very flattered that she wants me to be there even though I've only known her for a couple of hours.

The night is a blur, and Perrie does tell Zayn. He is completely ecstatic about Perrie's pregnancy. As the two leave, I just head upstairs without saying a word to Louis. He chases after me, but I basically ignore him. I don't know why, but every now and then, I feel super depressed and alone.

"Mel, just please. Tell me what's wrong. I don't care what it is, just tell me?"

"Louis," I sigh "I wish I knew. I just get like this every now and then. I can't do anything about it. Thank you though, I love you".

"Mel, if you need anything, I'm here. I love you too. I'll let you get some sleep though."

As he lays in bed, I lay with my back to him, and he respects my privacy. I text the only person I know who has been there and able to help me, Connor.

'Hey, you awake?'

'Yeah. What's up?'

'You remember last summer when I would be super depressed for no reason?'

'Yeah.. let me guess. It's happening now, isn't it?'

'Yeah. And I hate to say it but you've been the only one who's been there for me.'

'Don't be afraid to say that. We're best friends. I'll help with anything.'

'Thank you. And I love you for that. I'll always love you as my best friend.'

'I wouldn't want it any other way. So, has anything happened to you that could make you feel upset?'

'No, not that I can think of. Everything is going fine'

'Huh. Last year, there was always something bothering you'

'I know'

'Oh, Mel. I need to tell you something, I kind of lied to you. I'm not really gay. I lied to you so you had something to tell Louis... I'm kind of in love with you'

'Connor, I never would have guessed'

I wait for a while, but I don't get a response. So, I send him another text.

'Connor, I don't think of you any differently. Please just talk to me'

'Mel, I know how boyfriends are. I've been one. I don't like it when other guys flirt with my girlfriend'

'So what? I don't care. Connor, especially now, I need you to help'

'Okay, remember the time when you scared the shit out of me at work?'

'Which time?'

'Hey!'

'You know it's true'

'I know'

I glance at the time, and it is 3:00 am. Even though I should be sleeping, I can't help but smile.

'I miss you :)'

'Aww, I miss you too :)'

'Have you talked to Ryan lately?'

'Yeah. He really misses you. He said himself he feels like he has nobody to talk to without you.'

'Aww. I miss him so much. And Kyle. He was the only one I ever told some stuff. And he never cared. I feel like he was an older brother to me'

'Yeah, I saw him the other day. He said he wishes he could see you. He really wanted to tell you something. I have no idea what though.'

'Ergggghhhh. I'm never there when someone wants to me.'

'Yeah. I really could have used your help a couple of days ago...'

'Everything okay?'

'Yeah. Remember Kayla? My girlfriend?'

'Of course'

'I feel like I need to break up with her. I mean, I'll be going to college in a few months, and I don't want her to be heartbroken'

'Well, if you feel like you do, i would break up with her. She knows you are going to college, and long distance relationships never really work.'

'True...'

'Listen, i know you too well. If you feel something initially, that's how thing usually end up.'

'You're right. I just don't know what to do.'

'Take a break. If you really miss her, you can always get back together.'

'You're right. Thank you so much. You've always been there for me when it comes to that'

'Connor, it's not a big deal at all. Like I said. I would stay up all night to help. Kind of like I am now.'

'What?! what time is it there?'

'Now? 4:27 am'

'Oh shit. I didn't know it was that late. I'm sorry I kept you up'

'I promise, I wouldn't have slept anyway. Not with the way I was feeling'

'Better?'

'Yeah. Text you in the morning?'

'Yep. I'll text you when I wake up. Goodnight Mel'

'Goodnight Connor'

I set my phone to the side and smile. I sigh, then shut my eyes. Before long, I fall asleep.

I wake up in the morning feeling very energized. It must have been the conversation with Connor from last night. As I glance at my phone, I see it is 8:30. I'm feeling this great on 3.5 hours of sleep. Holy shit!

I turn over to see Louis still sleeping. "Louis, wake up" I shake him to wake him up.

He groans and says "what time is it?"

"8:30"

"Too early."

"Louis, I'm fine and I only got 3 hours of sleep. Get up" I roll my eyes at him even though I know he can't see me.

"Uggggghgghhh"

"Fine." I decide to take matters into my own hands by pushing him off the side of the bed.

He shoots his head up once he hits the ground. "What was that for?!"

"You wouldn't get up" I smile

"So? that's no reason to push me!" he chuckles.

"Oh shut it! Go shower, Smelly." He mumbles something, but gathers his things and showers.

Now for my turn. To find what to wear.

*********************************************

Soooooo..... Don't hate me? I know it's a lot to ask but it's the first time I've really had any opportunity and desire to write since like May. I realize that 4 months is forever, which is why instead of updating on Mondays, I am going to try to upload once per month. It's really all I have time for. If I can, I will update sooner, but I am the worst at promising updates. If you've stuck with it this long, you are the greatest person alive. I love you!!!!!!

~Melanie<3