Chapter 21

Where: Mel's house

*Mel's POV*

We leave the restaurant, and Erin suggests that we all go down to the beach. Everyone agrees, so we walk down. As we are walking, I can't help but look up "The starts are so beautiful tonight" I smile.

"Just like you" Louis says. "Mel, Happy Birthday" he kisses my cheek. "I love you so much, you know that right?"

At this point, I'm beyond confused "Yeah"

"Good. I'll never stop saying that, Mel. I love you so much. I want you to be my everything. I want to have kids with you one day. I love you more than you could ever know." As he gets down on his knee, I start to tear up. "Melanie Leigh Davis, will you be my wife? Will you marry me?" I can't even respond, I'm absolutely completely speechless, so I just nod. "I promise I will never leave you. I love you so much" I hug Louis because I can't believe he's done this. The guys all start clapping, and Louis puts the ring on my finger.

As I admire the ring, I see something familiar about it. "Wait, I've seen this ring before" I pause to think of where I'd seen it. Then, I realize "This is the ring I tried on with Niall at the mall a few months ago!" I laugh and look at Louis then Niall.

"Hey, don't blame me, it wasn't my idea!" Niall defends.

"You've been planning this since June?" I look at Louis.

"Maybe" he smiles and laughs a little.

"Thank you Niall" I walked over to him to give him a hug and I kiss him on the cheek. I can't leave out Liam and Harry, so I do the same for them.

I walk over to my parents and Erin, give each of them a hug, and they all congratulate me.

After that, everyone heads home except Louis and myself. "So, Future Mrs. Tomlinson, how does it feel?" Louis asks me.

"Pretty great, Mr. Tomlinson" I can't help but smile and kiss him.

"Happy Birthday love" Louis tells me.

"Louis, this is more than I could have ever asked for"

We both lay down and look up at the stars. Louis starts to sing the chorus to infinity, and I can't help but chuckle. I lay down next to Louis and lay my head on his arm. He wraps it around me. As I look at Louis one last time for the night, I smile.

*The next morning*

I groan seeing the light come through the window in my room. Louis mumbles "What time is it?"

I glance at my phone "it's only 8:03" I mumble back. I roll around under the blanket and feel that I'm not wearing my dress from last night, instead I'm wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and one of Louis' red shirts. "Did I get drunk to not remember going to bed?"

Louis chuckles "No, you didn't have anything actually. I drove home last night after you fell asleep at the beach. Then I brought you up and changed your clothes for you"

I feel my face turn bright red. I'm sitting up at this point, so I hit Louis with a pillow.

"What was that for?" He smiles

"You know how I am"

"Yeah, I do. And I know that. But I also know that we are getting married, so I can do whatever I want for you. And I assumed that you wouldn't want to sleep in that dress, so I helped you there. Plus, you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen" he kisses my cheek, moving down to my neck.

"Louis, you're too nice. I don't deserve you" I smile

"If anyone doesn't deserve anyone, it's me. I don't deserve you"