Chapter 12

**Mel’s POV**

I open my eyes to an extremely bright light. I sit up, and realize that I am in my bedroom. I look at my alarm clock and it reads 8:31. My bedroom light is on, causing me to be blinded for a minute. I go downstairs to find the lads and Erin. Erin has my phone in her hand. “GIVE ME THAT YOU TURD!” I yell. 

“Gotta run boys, BYE!” She drops my phone and I chase after her. I am a little faster than her, but by the time I get to her, she shuts her bedroom door and locks it. I give up and go back downstairs. 

“Your turn boys. Explican. Now” I use my spanish skills, which I am amazing at. Hahaha, no. 

“Okay, we were just going through your contacts to see who else we could invite to your party, but you had already invited them. Then Erin started playing flappy bird” Harry says, hiding behind Louis. 

“Liam, is this true?” I ask

“Yeah, it is. Really,” Liam says, just as scared as Harry. 

“Alright. I forgive you” I sigh. “So what do you guys want to do?” 

“Well, we were thinking about watching The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Is that alri-

“I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!!!” I sprint upstairs and back down, and put popcorn in the microwave. I rush to put the movie in the DVD player. Once I get to the main menu, the popcorn is done. I popped three bags, just because I have to eat while watching these movies. 

“Whoa, I’ve never seen you move that fast Mel. You must really like these movies...” Niall says a bit concerned. 

“I AM OBSESSED. I. LOVE. THEM. ADKFJALSDJ” The last part sounded a bit like gibberish. 

We sit and watch the movies, and even though I have seen the first one multiple times, the part when Peeta gets attacked by the muttations, I still jump every time. We finish that movie, and it is about 10:30. We put the second one in and I can’t sleep through these movies. My comment when I first saw the movie in theaters was So, Katniss broke the Hunger Games... When that movie is over, I go upstairs and sleep some more. 

I wake up, and look at my phone first thing. Today is Wednesday, and I absolutely cannot wait for Saturday to arrive. I really wish Sarah could have come but she’s still in London. She ended up getting into one of the schools over there. I couldn’t ask for her to miss school to come see me. As much as I know she would, I wouldn’t want her to. When I was at Deb the other day, I bought myself a nice dress to wear at my party. It would be the dress that I would have worn to my senior prom, but I don’t go to Vermilion anymore. It is a gorgeous turquoise-y color. 

**Time Skip to Friday**

Over the next couple of days, the lads help me plan my party. As Friday arrives, I realize  that I had forgotten to order my cake. “Uh Mel, don’t you need a cake for your party?” 

“Shit, I do. I totally forgot to order one too. I guess I’ll just have to make my own” 

Louis interjected by saying, “Mel, don’t worry about it. I’ll make it” he then smiled. 

I nod my head, and thank him. I know that the lads all got me presents, but I know they would have spent a lot of money on me. 

“Lads, I’m going shopping. Does anyone need anything?” I yell. 

“We’re good, but I’ll go with you if you’d like” Harry offered. 

“Thanks Haz, that’d be great” Louis would have gone, but he looked like he was just getting ready to start baking my cake.