Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Birthday Party.

Tomorrow I left for Texas with Ty and today we were celebrating my birthday. Lou had set up tons of decorations in the house. Apparently Amy invited a lot of her school friends. I didn't know many of her friends although I did know Dallas was coming.

I was in the loft curing my hair, Ty was out on a ride with Maisie. I was playing some music on my iPod when someone knocked on the loft door.
"Come in!" I shouted as I started curling a strand of hair. Someone came in and greeted me,
"Hey." It was Dallas. I put down my curling iron and hugged him.
"Hey! How are you?" I asked with a smile.
"Good. Need some help?" he asked.
"You know how to curl hair?" I asked.
"I grew up with five little sisters. Of course I do," he replied. I chuckled and then sat on a stool in front of the mirror and handed him the curling iron.

After about thirty minutes Dallas had finished my hair.
"Thank you Dallas," I said.
"No problem," he replied. I hugged him again and then sprayed hair spray.
"Want to help me pick out an outfit?" I asked.
"Sure," he repliedZ He went over to my wardrobe and pulled out a short, pink, dress, with a sweetheart neckline, a white ribbon around the waist, and rhinestones.
"Now find the matching heels," I said testing his knowledge. He pulled out a white rhinestone pair and a pink rhinestone pair.
"I think the white would be better because it compliments the accent color of the white ribbon," he said.
"Okay, the white heels it is," I said as I laughed. He laid the dress on the bed and put the heels on the ground. He walked towards me and then reached for a strand of my hair, I backed up a bit.
"You know I'm dating Ty, right?" I asked.
"No, I didn't. I'm sorry," he apologized as he backed up.
"It's fine," I replied as I hugged him. He hugged me back.
"Now shoo so I can get dressed," I said with a laugh. He left the loft and shut the door on his way out.

I walked down the loft stairs in my dress and heels. Dallas waited at the bottom. He hugged me and said,
"You look beautiful."
"Thanks," I replied. We started walking out of the barn as Ty and Maisie rode in.
"What's he doing here?!" Ty yelled as he jumped off Harley. Ty ran towards Dallas, I jumped in front of him before he could do anything. Ty ran into me and I fell down onto the hard barn floor.
"Tara!" Dallas shouted he was by my side in an instant to console me. Ty just stood there and looked at what he had done. Dallas helped me up.
"Don't bother packing," I snapped as I stormed up to the loft with Maisie and Dallas.

I got my dress all cleaned up and then got Maisie into a cute, fluffy, sparkly, purple dress, with matching shoes. I carried her down the loft steps. Dallas wasn't around, Ty was brushing out Harley. I walked out of the barn with Maisie in my arms. I didn't even say anything to Ty, nor did I want to.

I saw a lot of cars parked in the grass and in front of the house. I carried Maisie inside and everyone yelled,
"happy early birthday!"
"Thanks guys," I said with a smile. I hugged Amy first and then everyone else I knew. Amy and Lou had some snacks set out.

After a few hours of partying Amy pulled me aside and asked,
"Why did Ty leave today?"
"Leave? What do you mean?" I asked over the music. She grabbed my hand and led me outside to the porch.
"About an hour after the party started I went out to the barn to check on the horses. Ty left in his truck with some suitcases," she said.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner? He was about to fight Dallas. I stepped in and he pushed me on the ground. That's why he left," I explained. I ran off the porch and to the barn I saddled Sky quickly, mounted her, and galloped off towards Caleb's trailer, the first place I thought he'd be.

I pulled Sky to a sharp stop when I got to Caleb and Ashley's trailer. I went right in.
"Have you guys seen Ty?" I asked.
"Ty was just here. He said he had to go back and fix things with you," Caleb replied.
"Okay, thanks guys," I said. I left and got back on Sky. I took the road this time. I galloped Sky as fast as I could towards Heartland. I pulled her to a stop when I saw Ty's truck in the ditch.
"Ty! Ty," I screamed. I dismounted Sky and crawled into the ditch. Ty had his head laid back on the seat.
"Are you okay?" I asked after I opened the door. He started laughing.
"Why are you laughing?" I asked.
"Cause you came after me. Even after our fight," he replied, still laughing. I kissed him.
"Do you want to call an ambulance or something?" He asked, he was now grabbing onto his left shoulder.
"Oh yeah, right," I said.

I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital while Ty was getting X-rays done. Jack and Amy ran in.
"Hey guys," I said.
"What happened?" Jack asked.
"I don't know. I just was riding along and saw him in the ditch," I replied.
"You go home. I saw Sky tied to the bike rack outside," Jack suggested.
"Yeah okay. I have a long flight ahead of me tomorrow. Hopefully Ty can come with," I said. I stood and left.

I got back to Heartland and put Sky away. I went up to the loft where I finished packing for Ty, Maisie, and I. I went into the house where Lou and Mallory were cleaning.
"Thanks for running out on your party," Lou said.
"I'm sorry. I was looking for Ty," I replied.
"We know. Jack told us," Mallory said.
"Where's Maisie?" I asked.
"Sleeping in Amy's bed," Lou replied a little rudely.
"Are you guys really that mad?" I asked.
"Kind of, A bad party is not good for your rep," Mallory replied.
"Well I'm sorry, I was out practically saving Ty's life. He got into a car accident and all you guys care about is the stupid party!" I yelled as I stormed away to Amy's room.

When I got into Amy's room, I laid next to Maisie. I got a call on my phone.
"Hello," I answered.
"It's Amy were on our way back. Ty's shoulder is fine but they want him to wear a sling for a few days," she said.
"Thanks so much Amy," I replied. We hung up. I shook Maisie awake.
"Hi mommy," she said.
"Hi baby. Let's go to the loft so we can get a good nights sleep before seeing uncle Nash," I told her. She nodded. I picked her up and carried her out to the loft.

We got to the loft and I laid Maisie in her bed and made sure I had everything ready for tomorrow. After all, we did have an almost four hour flight in the morning. I changed into yoga shorts and a tank top, laid in bed, then fell asleep.

I woke about half and hour later when Ty came into the loft. I helped him change and then he laid down and I laid next to him.
"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.
"Yeah. Are we?" he asked.
"Yeah," I replied as I put my arm over him and I pulled my body up to his.
"I love you," I whispered.
"It took a car accident for you to realize that?" he asked in a whisper.
"Just say it back," I whispered. He laughed and then said,
"I love you too."