Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three: Party.

Jeremy and I went to Maggie's for lunch. We sat at a two person table in the corner of Maggie's. After we ordered he said,
"So about your horse Sky."
"What about her?" I asked.
"How much?" he asked.
"She's not for sale," I replied.
"All horses are for sale," he said.
"Not Sky. Is this all this date was about?" I asked rudely.
"I was hoping you'd consider selling over a nice meal," he replied. I stood up and left the diner.
"Tara!" Jeremy came out yelling. I just kept walking away.

I was in front of the grocery store when I saw Dallas walk out with a bag of groceries.
"Hey Tara," he greeted.
"Hi Dallas," I said.
"Need a ride," he offered.
"Actually yeah," I replied.
"Hop in," he said. He led me to his truck and we got in.
"Why are you in town?" he asked backing out of the parking space.
"I was on a date," I replied.
"With?" He asked.
"Jeremy Hughes," I cringed at the use of his name.
"There's a party tonight, do you want to go with me? Maybe that'll get him off your mind?" he asked.
"Where at?" I asked.
"Maggie's. It's just a bunch of my high school friends and anyone can go," he said.
"Sure," I replied.

Dallas took me home. When I got there I saw Ty saddling up Sky.
"How've you been. Since Bria?" Dallas asked.
"I'm okay. Thanks for being at her funeral," I replied.
"You're welcome. I'll always be here for you," he said. I hugged him goodbye and then hopped out of his truck.
"What are you doing with my horse?" I asked Ty after Dallas left.
"I figured you'd want to go for a ride after your date," he suggested.
"No I don't. I want to go eat lunch," I replied.
"Didn't you eat on your date?" he asked.
"It's none of your damn business," I snapped. I hopped on Sky and rode her to the house. When I was inside I grabbed some things for lunch and headed towards the river.

When I got to the river I let Sky graze while I enjoyed a lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I just thought about life. What am I going to do in a year? I have nothing keeping me here. I sat on the river bank and ate in Peace, Sky went into the river edge and started splashing. I stood and approached her. I splashed water on her legs and put some on her back. It was a little warmer than usual today. It was supposed to be fall. I rubbed my hands down her blaze. I never really had moments alone like this, just me and her. I led her out of the river and mounted up. Time to go back home.

I got to the practice arena and let Sky free. I carried her tack back to the barn. Amy and Georgie had just gotten back from school.
"Tara! Tara! Did you ride Phoenix yet?" Georgie asked.
"I've been busy," I replied as I threw my saddle up.
"Riding?" she asked.
"I have stuff to do with Sky and not just Phoenix," I said.
"Ugh," she mumbled.
"I'll watch you ride Phoenix Georgie," Amy said.
"Sweet!" Georgie exclaimed. Georgie grabbed a saddle and ran outside.
"Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked. She walked back into the barn and led Phoenix outside. Amy and I started laughing.

I went up to the attic and looked through my wardrobe. I found a cute, short, black, swishy dress. I laid it on my bed and went to shower. After my shower I blow dried my hair and curled it. I still had my towel wrapped around me. I went to my dresser to find a clean bra when Ty barged into my room. He covered his eyes and shut the door.
"Sorry," he said.
"Ty it's fine," I replied.
"I was just going to tell you that Dallas just pulled in," he said.
"Okay thanks," I replied.
"I'll let you get dressed," he said as he left my room.

I had gotten dressed and found some black heels. I pulled my bangs back and clipped it in place with a small, white, cute, bow. I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Dallas.
"Hey," I greeted him. We hugged.
"You ready?" he asked.
"Let's go," I replied. He took my hand and led me downstairs. I was walking out when Jack said,
"Don't stay out too late."
"I won't," I replied.