04. | P L A Y B O Y

C H A P T E R | F O U R
PLAYBOY

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁  𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

      "Just hear me out man," Carter slid his hands into the pockets of his black, tailored suit pants as Ty followed him out of the restaurant that he was leaving, "Come down to the club whenever you got some time and we'll have a little meeting and shit," Ty was passing by when he saw Carter coming out of the restaurant with a few business associates of his and he had been meaning to contact Carter so when he saw him he came over to speak, "That's it, just some friendly conversation and shit."

"Mr. Mekhi," one of Carter's security guards looked at Ty and frowned and then looked back up at Carter, "Is there a problem here?" Ty turned his head in the direction of the oversized man that was hired to make sure nobody tried anything stupid that could harm him and rolled his eyes, "Do I need to handle him?" Carter gave his valet ticket to one of the parking garage workers and chuckled a little at the way Ty's little ass was looking at his guard like he could potentially take him.

"Nah," Carter said laughing as the valet ran with Carter's ticket to pull his car around, "He's cool, relax - - I know him," Ty slowly looked away from the guard with an 'I told you so' all on his face.

Carter knew Ty from a previous business venture; Ty needed some start up money for his club and knew that he couldn't get it from the bank with his previous felony charges and police record. When Ty got out of jail he knew that it'd be impossible for him to get any kind of job that actually paid well and always had a dream of owning his own business so he did what every person in his position did - - asked Carter to help him get things started. Knowing his struggle because Carter had been there before - - coming from nothing just trying hard to be something - - he agreed to help Ty out with his club.

In part, that was the way that Carter made his money - - off different businesses all throughout the New York and New Jersey area and now, throughout the world. These businesses were all little pieces in one big puzzle and they all grossed him big amounts of money because he had his hand in so many businesses in so many different places - - some legal and most of them not - - but the dirty money was covered up with clean money. He had his name on so many different things from restaurants, hotels, clubs - - whatever made the Ben Franks, everything imaginable.

The police knew that what Carter was doing wasn't entirely legal, they liked to call it loan sharking on a larger scale but they could never actually kick the door in on Carter because things were so air tight in his operation. He was raking in large amounts of money from too many different sources to be legit and honestly all Carter really had to do was sit on his ass and watch as he got richer and richer; he was like the parent while these people who needed his financial support and his name were the children.

People came to him with a dream and he offered them a plan and options on how to make those dreams become reality with HIS money, but as with everything, Daddy's help came at a price. Not playing by Carter's rules - - which meant not making any money and drawing law enforced attention was punishable by very serious means. Making money was number one and being independent was number two; Carter didn't want to have to babysit any of his business ventures because there was just too many of them in New York alone, so the clientele needed to be extra careful that they held up their ends of the bargain - - not fucking up and drawing unnecessary heat to Carter.